Ostomy Memories of Skin Cancer

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

I SUPPOSE I HAD IT COMING, having lived my life in Florida (the Sunshine State) with a fourteen-year sojourn in Utah. This week I had to have skin cancer excised from two places: arm and top of my bald head. I’ve always tried to wear a hat while outside in the sun, but there are going to be days that you miss, from simple sloth or ineptitude. So I had what’s called micrographic surgery under local anesthetic. They have a lab on premises so that they can test it to make sure that they got it all. Then they closed it up. Few things are as gawd-awful looking as stitches, now that I’m past the stage where it was bandaged and having to treat it myself a couple of times per day. It was when he was stitching up my head that I felt the most discomfort, as he was pulling my scalp so tight that I suspect my ears may have risen an inch on each side of my noggin. But I’m healing, although at the moment I look like I just did battle with a very hard inanimate object…and lost. It only hurts when I raise my eyebrows.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,097 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Sending you lots of good vides to spead up your healing.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
AlexT

Come on Henry tell the truth.....you battled 5 drunken guys to defend a lady's honor.

Bill

I hope all goes well for you.

Best wishes

Bill

HenryM
Reply to AlexT

Actually, I battled five drunken women to defend MY honor.  :)

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Past Member
Reply to AlexT

LOL

Past Member
Reply to HenryM

LOL

AlexT
Reply to HenryM

Atta boy.

TerryLT

I hope you heal quickly Henry. Look on the bright side, maybe you got a free facelift when the doc was pulling your scalp so tight to put the stitches in!

Terry

Earth Angel

Thinking of you Henry and sending good vibes your way for a speedy recovery! Wear your sunscreen!

Caz67

Henry I hope you have a speedy recovery and return to us with new stories to tell while you are getting a well earned rest. XX

lovely

I hope you have a speedy recovery