Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
28,955 members
Next >

Ostomy Memories of Skin Cancer

This is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding.

I SUPPOSE I HAD IT COMING, having lived my life in Florida (the Sunshine State) with a fourteen-year sojourn in Utah. This week I had to have skin cancer excised from two places: arm and top of my bald head. I’ve always tried to wear a hat while outside in the sun, but there are going to be days that you miss, from simple sloth or ineptitude. So I had what’s called micrographic surgery under local anesthetic. They have a lab on premises so that they can test it to make sure that they got it all. Then they closed it up. Few things are as gawd-awful looking as stitches, now that I’m past the stage where it was bandaged and having to treat it myself a couple of times per day. It was when he was stitching up my head that I felt the most discomfort, as he was pulling my scalp so tight that I suspect my ears may have risen an inch on each side of my noggin. But I’m healing, although at the moment I look like I just did battle with a very hard inanimate object…and lost. It only hurts when I raise my eyebrows.

Sending you lots of good vides to spead up your healing. 🙏

MeetAnOstoMate - 28,955 members

Come on Henry tell the truth.....you battled 5 drunken guys to defend a lady's honor. 😉 

I hope all goes well for you.

Best wishes

Bill

AlexT wrote:

Come on Henry tell the truth.....you battled 5 drunken guys to defend a lady's honor. 😉 

Actually, I battled five drunken women to defend MY honor.  :)

AlexT wrote:

LOL

HenryM wrote:

LOL

HenryM wrote:

Atta boy. 😁

I hope you heal quickly Henry.  Look on the bright side, maybe you got a free facelift when the doc was pulling your scalp so tight to put the stitches in!

Terry

Thinking of you Henry and sending good vibes your way for a speedy recovery! Wear your sunscreen!

😇

Henry I hope you have a speedy recovery and return to us with new stories to tell while you are getting a well earned rest. XX

I hope you have a speedy recovery

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.