Ostomy Memories of Meeting George Carlin

Replies
Views
HenryM

WHAT A SHOCK YESTERDAY MORNING when I rounded a corner on my walk and ran into George Carlin.  “I thought you were dead,” I said.  “You don’t die,” he told me.  “You just go for a long walk and nobody ever sees you again.”  We crossed the street and headed down the sidewalk.  “I used to be a Frisbeetarian,” he continued, “the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.”  I smiled, but didn’t say anything.  I suspected that he was on a roll.  Finally, I said:  “I walk every morning, so I guess that’s good practice.”  “Not really,” he said.  “You don’t need to practice for this.  When your time comes, the walking is natural.  But sometimes the nights get a little fraught.  There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.”  Trying for a good comeback, I said:  “Well, you used to do the weatherman character, so I guess you’d know.”  “I still do him,” Carlin replied.  “Weather forecast for tonight:  dark.  Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”  We reached a corner, turned left, and headed into a slight breeze.  “I’m guessing you’d have some choice things to say about the state of our politics these days,” I said.  “There is a lot more B.S. than usual, isn’t there?” he said after a moment.  “But you know, honesty may be the best policy, but… by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.”  “That’s a little scary, George,” I told him.  “You think that’s scary?  Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”   When we reached the next intersection, we parted ways.  I headed up a long incline that would lead me back toward my house.  My legs grew a bit heavy and I started to feel a bit of tiredness creep in.  Well, that’s encouraging, I thought.  I must not be dead yet.  

Pirrip

Nice one, Henry... You been putting maple syrup on your cornflakes again?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,509 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

The neighbor kid I grew up with ended up being the guy behind the scenes for George Carlin, doing all the electrical stuff for his shows.

TerryLT

Wow, Henry! Maybe you will be a stand-up comedian in your next life!

Terry

HenryM
Reply to TerryLT

I just as soon be a live oak tree.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member

A Golden Eagle for me please... if anyone's listening!! George was one of a kind, he never had bad nights, every word was a masterpiece. I particularly like the one you mentioned, Henry, about stupidity, right on the mark!!

Eamon

Bryce

Thanks from Al Sleet 'The Hippy Dippy Weatherman'!