Seeking advice on irrigation for colostomy

Replies
Views
John A

I just joined today. I've had a colostomy since June 5th, 2019. I'm considering irrigation and wondering if there is anybody else on here that does that.

Past Member

Welcome John! This forum is awesome with lots of helpful people.

I do believe there are a few folks on here who do irrigation and I'm sure they will be along shortly to share their expertise with you. You can also do a search in the forum for past posts. Good luck!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

Irrigation is a great tool to manage your ostomy. If you qualify, I suggest that you try it. Should you decide to, I would be glad to help you get started.

gaetancharlebois

Welcome aboard, John. I do not know anything about irrigation as I have an ileostomy. However, I wish you terrific luck if you are going back to the dating scene. It's ... difficult. Drop me a line if you'd like to discuss it further. Cheers!

John A
Reply to Anonymous

Hello and thank you for the welcome. After I made my post, I saw the search bar and have been able to access lots of great info. :)

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
John A
Reply to mild_mannered_super_hero

Thanks for your message. I will confirm with my surgeon at the end of June. Fingers crossed. Seems like it will be a life changer.