Confusion with Yellow Stars on Notifications

Replies
Views
Abefroman1969

What is the story with the yellow stars on notifications? Even when read, they still show up as unread or new in notifications. I have to hit the mark all as read to clear it; otherwise, I keep looking at the same post over and over again.

Past Member

Same.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,315 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

Me too. Kinda makes no sense except to the one that thought of it. ‍

Past Member

They appear to be only on the notifications of when someone comments on a photo or likes a photo. Superstar!

Abefroman1969
Reply to Anonymous

Well, that's kinda lame. I appreciate that it lets you know that a photo was liked or commented on, but it should go away after you've viewed it.
This site is so odd at times!

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Past Member
Reply to Abefroman1969

I agree.

Abefroman1969

And now the thumbs up won't go away when my photo is liked. Grrrr.

Past Member
Reply to Abefroman1969

Oh no!

AlexT

I can't post anymore pics in my profile for some reason. I can't really complain since I don't pay

Abefroman1969

I paid the lifetime membership and it's really irritating me, but I'm sick and sometimes just someone else breathing irritates me when I'm in the hospital and sick.

Abefroman1969
Reply to AlexT

That's good info, thank you. I thought you were deleting pics as you went.
I think it's pretty lame I didn't see where photos were a premium feature.

RaenotRay
Reply to Abefroman1969

I feel this one in my soul.

lovely

They did away with the delete button. You have to click on the Mark as Read button. Then ever so often they will delete the old post.

Abefroman1969
Reply to lovely

Typical, it ain't broke, let's fix it!