Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,920 members

My Perfect Life. A Game of Sorts. 😉

Thu May 19, 2022 7:30 pm
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Disfigured and Fluffy-

Part of healing is managing your mental health. As happy as I am that my ileostomy was able to be reversed, I’m battling with what people think. “Oh good, you’re back to normal now.” “What a relief to be on the last leg of the journey.” I am extremely grateful that I was among the minority that is eligible to have their ostomies reversed. It doesn’t erase the battle with self worth. I’m fluffier than I’m comfortable being. My tummy swells in four quadrants, and I’m lumpy in a literal sense. Some days get to be overwhelming. The majority of days I laugh at the absurdity of it all. Battlescars are visible and invisible. I’m grateful for life, and all that my journey has brought me. I also know my journey isn’t over. ❤️

Thu May 19, 2022 7:36 pm

An Ultrasound-

Just when I was starting to settle into a slower routine medically, my liver enzymes decided to shoot waaaaaay up. My primary doc ordered an ultrasound. Let me tell you, the thrill was almost too much! Before anyone gets too excited, my ultrasound turned out to be fine. My liver is a little fatty, and a teensy bit enlarged. Not uncommon with bowel trauma, and a change in diet. (Less roughage, more simple carbs) Time and a healthy diet should heal her right up. The good news is ultrasounds came in pairs at our house. My daughter is expecting my 7th grand baby in January. 🥰

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,920 members
Fri May 20, 2022 3:54 am

So glad you will be able to heal from it. Congrats on the new grandbaby. ❤️

Mon May 23, 2022 12:27 pm

AlexT wrote:

1) What are you packing?…..For about the last year, I’ve been packing my butt with gauze from my radiation damage. Not fun and dealing with constant dripping wasn’t real sexy. Not what you we...

Alex,

Similar here. Radiation really damaged my bladder. So now I'm pissing 24/7. Lots of fun to go along with the stoma.

But, life is still good at 77 (78 in August). My only complaint - the doc never told me about possible damage to the bladder.

Good luck,

Rod

Mon May 23, 2022 12:43 pm

knobby wrote:

Alex,

Similar here. Radiation really damaged my bladder. So now I'm pissing 24/7. Lots of fun to go along with the stoma.

But, life is still good at 77 (78 in August). My only complaint - the doc...

Yeah. I was told about having a bag right from the get go but they wanted to try and shrink the cancer enough that I might not need a bag and not knowing anything about radiation damage I elected to do it. Looking back, I wish I would of never had the radiation, it’s some bad stuff. 

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:42 pm

SallyK wrote:

Glad you are also back my friend. 🥰🍁🌻🦙💗 

I wish all my exes lived in Texas. But unfortunately one lives here. And he is a thief of joy. Of my joy. He does not want me, but he does ...

sounds like abuse to me

Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:47 pm

Smarty wrote:

sounds like abuse to me

That is exactly what it is. 😔

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.