Share Your Perfect Life Stories & Request a Tale! Let's Laugh and Cry Together!

Replies
Views
SallyK

So glad you will be able to heal from it. Congrats on the new grandbaby.

knobby
Reply to AlexT

Alex,

Similar here. Radiation really damaged my bladder. So now I'm peeing 24/7. Lots of fun to go along with the stoma.

But, life is still good at 77 (78 in August). My only complaint - the doc never told me about possible damage to the bladder.

Good luck,

Rod

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,451 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT
Reply to knobby

Yeah. I was told about having a bag right from the get-go, but they wanted to try and shrink the cancer enough that I might not need a bag. And not knowing anything about radiation damage, I elected to do it. Looking back, I wish I would have never had the radiation. It's some bad stuff.

Smarty
Reply to SallyK

Sounds like abuse to me

SallyK
Reply to Smarty

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
imsafanwa

Hi Rae, Michael here. I'm a fellow hamster living in the wood hood. Can't pay for membership or I'd message you. Anyhow, your posts are fun and I hope you are well.