Eclipse Watchers: Share Your Sideways Pics!

Replies
Views
AlexT

Anyone else watch the eclipse last Sunday night? Just starting...A little more...And even more...And the finale....Sorry for the sideways pics, I swear I was standing straight up when I took them. Guess my techno ain't so great after all.

Past Member

Were you out cow tipping, Alex?

Well done on the pics, every time I try to take a photo of the moon, it ends up just a pinpoint in the distance. I live in a particularly cloudy part of the continent down here, so guaranteed any major astronomical event in the south will not be visible to me!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SallyK
Reply to Anonymous

I feel your pain.

AlexT

They were taken with my phone, guess I got some mad photo skills.

Mayoman

Same in Ireland, as soon as something is announced the clouds roll in. I have a 600mm lens and could get great shots if the clouds ever cleared! My sister's house is out in the bogs and no street lights, tiny village and clear nights are spectacular, got a nice long exposure of the Milky Way. I'll have a search and post it. A cell phone won't really give much clarity, Alex, no matter what they claim about resolution. The photo sensor is very small and computer magic makes it look great on a small screen, your one caught the change in color pretty well. I caught a solar eclipse very well with a cheap camera on a tripod but using video instead of stills, focus in tight and let it run.

Magoo.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Rose Bud 🌹
Reply to AlexT

I missed it. I saw it the last time that happened and my pictures didn't even look that good. Thanks for posting.

lovely

I went out to look, but it was too cloudy. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Beth22

Can't say I did... Bummer they are pretty trippy to watch though... thank you for the pics alexT

Mayoman

A solar eclipse is really creepy and strange. I was in San Francisco for one and all the birds suddenly went totally silent when it got dark and the air seemed to feel colder. Really spectacular to experience when the sky is clear. You will always do better with video on your phone.

Magoo.

RaenotRay

It's beautiful to see the progression in order.

AlexT
Reply to RaenotRay

I try.