Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,891 members

I might have to get some chickens

Sat May 21, 2022 10:36 am
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

I might have to get some chickens so I have an excuse to get this very cool gypsy chicken coop! 😍🐤🐤🐤

Yes, I'm at work bored today! LOL 😂

Sat May 21, 2022 10:43 am

That coop is so cool, just don’t count your chickens before they hatch (ba-dum tsss!) 🐔 🐣 Seriously though, that chicken coop alone is worth the chickens (also means you get some fresh good quality eggs for breakfast regularly)

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,891 members
Sat May 21, 2022 10:44 am

Sally,

It is a pretty awesome hen house.. as long as you don't keep them in your house lol.. I went house hunting like 3 weeks ago and these people.literally had chickens in the living room a huge bucket of baby chicks in the kitchen..oooo the smell was horrible.. 

Sat May 21, 2022 10:45 am

Meadow Snow wrote:

That coop is so cool, just don’t count your chickens before they hatch (ba-dum tsss!) 🐔 🐣 Seriously though, that chicken coop alone is worth the chickens (also means you get some fresh good...

That's what I'm thinking! 😄 Show me your 'perfect' chicken coop! 😍🐤🐤🐤

Sat May 21, 2022 10:46 am

Beth22 wrote:

Sally,

It is a pretty awesome hen house.. as long as you don't keep them in your house lol.. I went house hunting like 3 weeks ago and these people.literally had chickens in the living room a huge...

Really?! I can't imagine! 😮

Sat May 21, 2022 10:54 am

Sally 

It was so bad, I can't even describe how bad it was. I want to get chickens to( but they aren't gonna be in the house lol) .. if you get a house like that let me know where to find one. Aren't they so cute as little chicks 

Sat May 21, 2022 10:59 am

Beth22 wrote:

Sally 

It was so bad, I can't even describe how bad it was. I want to get chickens to( but they aren't gonna be in the house lol) .. if you get a house like that let me know where to find one. Ar...

I grew up on a farm and we always had chickens. Never a fancy house for them though. Just do some googling. Show me one you like! 😍

Sat May 21, 2022 11:02 am

SallyK wrote:

That's what I'm thinking! 😄 Show me your 'perfect' chicken coop! 😍🐤🐤🐤

a quick Google search provided me with my perfect TARDIS chicken coop - all we need is a Dalek off to the side threatening to exterminate any would-be chicken snatchers and this would be perfect 😍 

Sat May 21, 2022 11:03 am

Let me know when you’re ready and I’ll send ya some……Plenty for everyone…..maybe I’ll just send a bunch to everyone and you can figure the coop out then. 😁

Sat May 21, 2022 11:07 am

AlexT wrote:

Let me know when you’re ready and I’ll send ya some……Plenty for everyone…..maybe I’ll just send a bunch to everyone and you can figure the coop out then. 😁

You are raising chickens? I didn't see your coop in your lawn mowing pics. 🤔🐤🐤🐤

Last edited by SallyK on Sat May 21, 2022 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat May 21, 2022 11:08 am

Meadow Snow wrote:

a quick Google search provided me with my perfect TARDIS chicken coop - all we need is a Dalek off to the side threatening to exterminate any would-be chicken snatchers and this would be perfect ...

Oh Meadow, it is perfect for you! 😍

Sat May 21, 2022 11:28 am

SallyK wrote:

You are raising chickens? I didn't see your coop in your lawn mowing pics. 🤔🐤🐤🐤

In the basement, don’t want the yard all messed up. 

Sat May 21, 2022 11:29 am

AlexT wrote:

In the basement, don’t want the yard all messed up. 

Hmmm ok 😬

Sat May 21, 2022 11:39 am

SallyK wrote:

Hmmm ok 😬

They were at the farm implement store yesterday when I was there. 

Sat May 21, 2022 11:48 am

AlexT wrote:

They were at the farm implement store yesterday when I was there. 

Oh LOL. Somehow you just knew we were going to talk about chickens today. Spooky. 👻

Sat May 21, 2022 11:56 am

SallyK wrote:

Oh LOL. Somehow you just knew we were going to talk about chickens today. Spooky. 👻

ESP

Sat May 21, 2022 11:58 am

SallyK wrote:

ESP

Sat May 21, 2022 12:00 pm

AlexT wrote:

ESP

Do do do do LOL

Sat May 21, 2022 1:35 pm

I love the concept of fancy chicken houses, so I googled it and there are so many that I would gladly build to house my chucks. One was the back of an old wooden framed Morris minor estate car that was similar to one I used to possess many years ago. Now, that would have been a fitting recycled end to its life.

I would have posted a picture but that is beyond my technical ability!

Best wishes

Bill   

Sat May 21, 2022 1:47 pm

Bill wrote:

I love the concept of fancy chicken houses, so I googled it and there are so many that I would gladly build to house my chucks. One was the back of an old wooden framed Morris minor estate car th...

Is this it Bill?

Sat May 21, 2022 3:07 pm

Meadow Snow wrote:

That coop is so cool, just don’t count your chickens before they hatch (ba-dum tsss!) 🐔 🐣 Seriously though, that chicken coop alone is worth the chickens (also means you get some fresh good...

Eggs? But there are only two roosters there?

How do you get milk and eggs if all you have is chickens?

You get the eggs from the first chicken. Then you get the milk from the udder chicken.

Sat May 21, 2022 3:12 pm

bowsprit wrote:

You get the eggs from the first chicken. Then you get the milk from the udder chicken.

🤦‍♀️

Sat May 21, 2022 4:08 pm

Beth22 wrote:

Sally,

It is a pretty awesome hen house.. as long as you don't keep them in your house lol.. I went house hunting like 3 weeks ago and these people.literally had chickens in the living room a huge...

I'm thinking you didn't put in an offer?

Sat May 21, 2022 4:13 pm

SallyK wrote:

Is this it Bill?

Yes! that's the one. You are obviously much better at this technology than I am.

I also liked the one that looked like a hobbit house

Best wishes

Bill

Sat May 21, 2022 4:39 pm

Bill wrote:

Yes! that's the one. You are obviously much better at this technology than I am.

I also liked the one that looked like a hobbit house

Best wishes

Bill

Sat May 21, 2022 4:54 pm

Meadow Snow wrote:

Beautiful recreation of the old traveller wagons .

Where are the tiny Horses to pull the wagon for deliveries 🤡. 

When I was a kid there was a family  ( Called Tinkers in those days ) of ten living in a Wagon just like that  just out the road from my house with a Tent for the overflow   . We would have tea with them sometimes after school ....they even had Chickens .

Magoo ☘

Sat May 21, 2022 4:59 pm

bowsprit wrote:

Haha ...nice one !  That's how Dubliners actually pronounce  " other "  LOL !  Or  " Dudder" = The Other !

Magoo ☘

Sat May 21, 2022 5:06 pm

I thought they were  AerBnB  Rentals  Sally ....so Chicken vacation rentals  ! ☘

Sun May 22, 2022 12:28 am

SallyK wrote:

Yes. These are the ones that I think would look great at the bottom of my garden and they could double-up as accommodation for my fairies.

Best wishes

Bill

Sun May 22, 2022 12:33 am

SallyK wrote:

Wouldn’t it be difficult to eat a chicken that lived in one of those? 😁 just sayin’

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.