Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
27,324 members

QEII goes platinum! ๐Ÿ‘‘

Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:07 pm
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Congratulations to the Queen for her platinum jubilee. ๐Ÿ‘‘

I loved this tribute to her from one of my favourite authors Milly Johnson (a yorkshire lass no less) and I think her maj will love it too! ๐Ÿ’–

Axl
Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:24 pm

I'm not a royal watcher, follower or whatever it is, but being in Australia we see enough of her and her history to know she is an extraordinary woman.

MeetAnOstoMate - 27,324 members
Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:55 pm

Axl wrote:

I'm not a royal watcher, follower or whatever it is, but being in Australia we see enough of her and her history to know she is an extraordinary woman.

I'm only a royalist as far as the Queen and a few others are concerned, I like Princess Anne, William & Kate and I loved Prince Phillip's comments when he was alive, (Harry was OK until he disappeared up his own bum and the less said about Andrew the better perhaps!)

A few years ago I was in London and did a classic double-decker bus tour,ย  the love and pride the tour guide had for the monarch brought a tear to my eye, "she's so lovely, I don't think we really deserve her"!ย 

Sir Robert Menzies' quote says it all (for me anyway) "I did but see her passing by, and yet I'll love her till I die".ย 

Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:03 am

Hello Jo.

I have to admit that am not in favour of the 'monarchic' system, especially as it relies on hereditary inheritance rather than a democratically elected procedure. However, I have great admiration and respect for our present incumbent as Queen and Millie Johnson's poetic tribute more or less sums it up for me in the rhyming genre that I have grown used to.

Thanks for the link!

I also think that the Australian people gave me food for thought when they clearly stated that they preferred the present monarch as their head of state, rather than any politician as an alternative.

Best wishes

Billย ย 

Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:50 am

Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:46 am

we are having a street party and so is tne next street to us ...the flags and bunting are up all along the street and activities are planned including that great traditional game bingo, there will be food and drink and hopefully some dancing . the queen god bless her is also our head of state thank god otherwise we would have some awful politician like toneee blair.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:09 am

patrickrichardson1946 wrote:

we are having a street party and so is tne next street to us ...the flags and bunting are up all along the street and activities are planned including that great traditional game bingo, there will ...

Sounds grand!ย  I think these are the images I love the best, the street parties look like so much fun.ย  No-one does pomp and ceremony quite like the English!ย  Cheers! ๐Ÿป

Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:36 am

~jo~ wrote:

Sounds grand!ย  I think these are the images I love the best, the street parties look like so much fun.ย  No-one does pomp and ceremony quite like the English!ย  Cheers! ๐Ÿป

Cheers! ๐Ÿป

Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:35 am

Congratulations to the Queen for her platinum jubilee. ๐Ÿ‘‘

Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:37 am

Trooping of the colour on telly tonight (as I type) and a cuppa twinings, toodle pip!

Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:07 am

~jo~ wrote:

Trooping of the colour on telly tonight (as I type) and a cuppa twinings, toodle pip!

Toodle pip! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:36 am

๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ˜

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.