Ostomy Memories of Robert Frost

Replies
Views
HenryM

ON MY WALK THIS MORNING, I bumped into Robert Frost.  “I thought you were dead,” I said.  “No, I just ran out of rhyme,” he moaned.  “What are you doing in Florida?” I asked him.  “Is that where I am?”  “I’m afraid so,” I told him.  “I thought that I took the road less traveled,” he said, smiling sadly.  “Afraid not,” I said.  “Florida is the nation’s third most populace state.”  “Oh my,” said Frost, “perhaps the road not taken is where I should have gone.”  “That might have been better,” I suggested, “because I doubt there are any poets in Florida.”  He ran his gnarled fingers through his thick white hair, looking around.  “Which way is north?” he asked me.  I pointed.  “Well, I’m off,” he said, and started down a new road.  “With luck, by November I’ll once again be stopping by the woods on a snowy evening.”  I smiled and nodded at him as he trudged away from me.  Then I came home to read some poetry.

The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

SallyK

On his journey, maybe he will see birches before the dust of snow.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe

Henry - For some reason, this morning's "memories" reminded me of a pic I have stored in my photos.

Mayoman

That reminds me of an old joke from Yogi Berra, I think.

"I came to a fork in the road and I took it"... have your cake and eat it too!! Take both roads LOL...

HenryM
Reply to Mayoman

Yes, and I was thinking of the great Yogi Berra when I wrote this post:  "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."  I regard Yogi as a preeminent philosopher.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
SallyK

Or perhaps he will be stopping by the woods on a snowy evening to view a mending wall.

Mayoman

Perhaps indeed!!!