Can I drink soda with an ileostomy bag?

Replies
Views
mdls1608

Can I drink soda with an ileostomy bag.

Charleston man

Hi mdls, I've had my ileostomy for 12 years. Just this evening with dinner, I had a Pepsi. I've also drunk Dr Pepper many times. The only issue is it does have a tendency to cause gas due to the fizz. And it also comes out the same color as it goes in. I say enjoy.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,468 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Charleston man

Also forgot to mention that with me it has my waste watery. Then again so does drinking fruit juice of any type. Just something you might want to be aware of.

AlexT

I have a colostomy and drink soda all the time.

Past Member

Yes, you can definitely drink soda with an ileostomy. I don't get any ill effects from it, and if I ever feel nauseous or have a belly-ache, a can of Coke clears that right up!

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
SallyK

I have a colostomy and if I drink pop, it cleans me right out.

patrickrichardson1946

I thought fizzy drinks, beer, and lager caused my pouch to balloon so I avoid them, maybe it's just me.

Ritz

I have an ileostomy and drink Dr Pepper. Some ballooning, slimy output, but it goes away fast. Enjoy your drinks.

mdls1608
Reply to Charleston man

Thank you so much. I will give it a try.