Ostomy Memories of Uncertainty

Replies
Views
HenryM

“IN THIS WORLD,” WROTE BEN FRANKLIN,  “NOTHING CAN BE SAID TO BE CERTAIN, except death and taxes.”  So we all plod ahead, doing our best to overcome challenges, maintain our stability, and avoid catastrophe, while trying to wring a bit of enjoyment out of what’s available to us.  On the way, we make decisions that may run the gamut from almost thoughtless to life-changing; some affect only us and some impact others; some we make on the fly and others involve exasperating cogitation.  But what are we basing these decisions upon?  Too often it is hard to know for sure what is the right thing to do.  Are we going to go with our gut, or are we going to Google every little detail until we have a notebook filled with pros and cons enough to choke a horse?  Franklin’s famous quote extracts just two subjects from the prospect of devious uncertainty, and he must have read Voltaire, who wrote:  “Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.”  We’re only human, after all.

SallyK

I can't remember who said this, but this is what I am reminded of: "When nothing is sure, everything is possible."

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,595 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT

Do people really Google everything and take notes?

Mayoman
Reply to AlexT

Of course, Alex, when we misunderstand (thanks George II) our genius and are going off course!! Magoo

Mayoman

Of course our friends, Henry and Bill, never have to ask Mister/Ms Google anything. Mister/Ms Google has to ask them!!!

Magoo XX

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
HenryM
Reply to Mayoman

Not so fast, Guiness breath.  I admit to Googling occasionally, for a stat or to check some arcane fact.  LOL

bowsprit

The greatest uncertainty in the world in recent times was caused by that scourge - COVID-19.

Mayoman

I figure you both had one of Evil BILL GATES's dreaded CHIPS surreptitiously installed in your brains, so now you are both Mister Google's minions made flesh... Run away... Run awayyyyy, they're here... Deus Ex Machina!!

Fonts of wisdom are always welcome in my world!! Magoo