Knitting Therapy: Healing with Adorable Toys!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Past Member

While in recovery a while ago, I got my knitting needles out. So enjoyed creating these little toys.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Brilliant!

Have you seen the recent craze for knitting hats for post boxes ?  We have some great ones popping up in Hertfordshire.

Best wishes

Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
TerryLT

So cute! You are a talented and creative lady!

Homie With A Stomie NS

OMG, they are fabulous! Great job... The elephants are perfect.

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to Bill

Post pic never seen Bill but love the idea.....

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Justbreathe

So cute - what a wonderful hobby for you.
Busy hands are happy hands!

Caz67

You are very talented, they are so very cute XX

Bill
Reply to Homie With A Stomie NS

Hello Mommabear.

I haven't taken any pictures myself but found some on the internet * which will give you some idea. The concept has obviously caught on, as these things are popping up all over the country.

Enjoy!

*: I just 'googled'  "images of uk post box knitted hats" and there were loads of examples from all over the place. I have a feeling that it started one Christmas and has gradually expanded to include other celebrations.

Best wishes

Bill  

Past Member

Thank you so very much Bill, Delgrl525, Mommabear, Justbreathe, and Caz67. ((Hugs)) xx

I so enjoyed making them, turned out a lot better than I thought they would as never done anything like these before.

I had also made a lot of scarves afterwards to use all the spare wool up. At least many of my locals were well wrapped up and warm over the winter. :)

Bill, I have indeed seen a few, online, of the hat for post boxes. One was lovely that was Christmas time someone had made one with a Christmas tree, snowman, and a Christmas pudding on it. So cute it looked.

Past Member

Those are so cute! I wish I could knit like that. The only knitting I can do is with a loom.

Past Member

Thank you so very much MS18. ((Hugs)) xx

I haven't tried loom knitting so will look into that.

Just wish I could crochet but no luck have I had with that when I tried years ago.