Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
27,324 members

Knitted Creations :)

Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:12 pm
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

While in recovery a while ago I got my knitting needles out. So enjoyed creating these little toys.

Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:35 pm

Brilliant!

Have you seen the recent craze for knitting hats for post boxes ?  We have some great ones popping up in Hertfordshire.

Best wishes

Bill

MeetAnOstoMate - 27,324 members
Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:09 pm

So cute!  You are a talented and creative lady!

Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:13 pm

omg they are fabulous great job...the elephants are perfect 🥰 

Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:13 pm

Bill wrote:

Brilliant!

Have you seen the recent craze for knitting hats for post boxes ?  We have some great ones popping up in Hertfordshire.

Best wishes

Bill

post pic never seen Bill but love the idea.....

Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:29 pm

Sooo cute - what a wonderful hobby for you.  
Busy hands are happy hands ! 😄

Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:35 pm

You are very talented, they are so very cute 😍 XX 

Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:38 am

Homie With A Stomie NS wrote:

post pic never seen Bill but love the idea.....

Hello Mommabear.

I haven't taken any pictures myself but found some on the internet * which will give you some idea. The concept has obviously caught on, as these things are popping up all over the country.

Enjoy!

*: I just 'googled'  "images of uk post box knitted hats" and there were loads of examples from all over the place. I have a feeling that it started one Christmas and has gradually expanded to include other celebrations.

Best wishes

Bill  

Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:31 am

Thank you so very much Bill, Delgrl525, Mommabear, Justbreathe and Caz67. ((hugs)) xx

I so enjoyed making them, turned out a lot better than I thought they would as never done anything like these before. 

I had also made a lot of scarves afterwards to use all the spare wool up. At least many of my locals were well wrapped up and warm over the winter. :)

Bill I have indeed seen a few, online, of the hat for post boxes. One was lovely that was Christmas time someone had made one with a christmas tree, snowman, and a Christmas pudding on it. So cute it looked. 

Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:46 pm

Those are so cute! I wish I could knit like that. The only knitting I can do is with a loom.

Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:07 am

Thank you so very much MS18. ((hugs)) xx

I haven't tried Loom knitting so will look into that. 

Just wish I could crochet but no luck have I had with that when I tried years ago. 

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.