Show off your hobbies and photos!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Homie With A Stomie NS

Just before my stumpy arrived, I got into wood laser burning and finally, after about 4 months, I'm getting back into it. I missed it and the little cash flow it occasionally brought.... My 1st piece was yesterday. My example is in honor of my parents.... Please share yours and pics if you got them...

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,101 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

So lovely this is Mommabear, and a precious keepsake.

Sure any you make from now on to sell will be gratefully received by people and treasured too.

In the past I enjoyed decorating birthday cakes etc. Maybe in time I will get back to doing those.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
AlexT

Waterfowl and turkey hunting, fishing. I won't post pics because a lot of members aren't really fond of pictures of that stuff.

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to Anonymous

Do it, my friend. It's another part of feeling normal. Just bake a cake, decorate it, and step back. Smile and yell, "Yesssssssss!" Thank you for the kind words. I will be posting this one and take a few custom orders if they come....

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to AlexT

Awesome Alex T....great healthy hobby. Love it....

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
eefyjig

I play music in a band with my husband and we raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. He and I occasionally play just the two of us in bars, local fundraiser walks, and pretty much whenever we're asked to play. We started playing "court" gigs - outdoor music for our neighbors - during the pandemic. I always say: what we lack in talent we make up for in spunk!

eefyjig
Reply to AlexT

Fresh food!

eefyjig
Reply to Anonymous

I'm in awe of people who can do this. The results are so beautiful and it must be meditative on some level while you're decorating.

eefyjig

Mommabear, that's so beautiful.

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to eefyjig

Morning eefyjig....Wow, what a great hobby doing what you love and helping others along the way woot woo... Thank you for sharing....keep the music playing

ron in mich

Hi all, my wife and I like trail riding with our SxS four-wheeler.

Past Member

That is wonderful what you do eefyjig, enjoyable for you both, and all who listen along surely join in singing.

So very caring and thoughtful regarding the Make-A-Wish foundation.

Such a lot of pleasure I got out of decorating cakes.

I went into the kitchen a little while ago, Mommabear, and voila, made these sultana buns.

Tuck in everyone. :)

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to Anonymous

Woot woo betcha they taste as great as it felt yummy....now I am hungry.

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to ron in mich

Howdy Ron in Mich.....what an awesome hobby the great outdoors, nature at its best, hope you pack a picnic lunch for ya both and stop and take it all in.....keep on riding

jghandymann20

I'm a Shriner clown and I have a ton of projects that I hope to finish soon. I have a clown car, a 1986 RV that the mechanics are all done on it, and several small jobs in my garage! I've been retired since 2007 due to my ileostomy problems. I'm also into surgery every year or so since my first one in 2010. I'm at 17 surgeries currently from the botched job the VA did on me! Lol, you have to keep a good attitude and get up every day and do something constructive! Yesterday was the first day I didn't do anything in years! I said I needed a rest day and never got dressed at all! But you also need a day sometimes to recoup from being tired. I enjoy life and every time it knocks me on my ass, I get up, flip off Karma, and keep moving! I don't know why I'm still here but I am.

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to jghandymann20

Howdy jghandymann20....thank goodness you are still here, the world needs clowns like you and especially a sheiner 1 at that....keep the world laughing and keep karma at bay

Tracy

mild_mannered_super_hero

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to mild_mannered_super_hero

Absolutely beautiful! I love it... Great work, buddy.... You can tell by the craftsmanship the pride of your pieces... Keep creating.

Past Member

That's awesome Mommabear, I love making things with my hands too. The hobby I love most is gardening. I grow mini roses as well as berries, grapes, and I recently purchased a cherry and peach tree. Most of my stuff is grown in pots, and I am obsessed with finding new things to grow, lol.

Earth Angel
Reply to AlexT

Alex, I love your hunting pics! They're so cool!

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to Anonymous

MS18, what a great hobby we currently are surrounded by apple trees, and we planted plum, peach, walnut (my hubby's babies), and lilacs. I also love my roses; currently, I have yellow and orange. It's rewarding to watch new life grow and flourish, especially by your own hands. Awesome job, girl! Keep tilling the earth and growing new life. No ideal hands, girl.

psminker

I got into using resin about 4 months before my emergency colostomy. I really enjoyed it, but have not done much of it since then.

Past Member
Reply to Homie With A Stomie NS

That sounds so nice. I love lilacs and I'm hoping to get a plum tree next year. Soon I'll have my own orchard, lol.

AlexT
Reply to Earth Angel

Thanks. I have a lot of them, but I try to be respectful that some don't care to see dead stuff.

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to psminker

Morning psminker....that is beautiful.... give it a go even a small piece it will get that urge and creative juices flowing....get back in the saddle again and let your imagination flow....it's get therapy and rewarding....as they say just did it give it a go and remember to share....have a great day

Tracy

Superme

That looks like a great hobby! My hobbies are painting, recording music, cooking, and gardening. You can say I like the arts in many ways. Mike

psminker
Reply to Superme

Did you say cooking? I like people who cook, as I am not a good cook. And I love the arts, but not super talented. I do love to sing, but more along the lines of a karaoke singer than a recording one. Would love to hear a song sometime.

Homie With A Stomie NS
Reply to Superme

Morning Mike....friggin awesome paint the food you garden, then cook it up whilst you're rocking the tunes. What a fantastic cornucopia of tales! WTG.....keep doing what ya love. Great way(s) to live on....

Tracy

Little Stinker

What beautiful work!

Little Stinker

What beautiful work!