Gas Prices

Replies
Views
lovely

Not sure if this was posted or not but sounds like a good idea. LOL

w30bob

Sounds good till you see the price of new cars.......I'm not sure they'll even let you sit in one unless you promise to buy it!!I haven't been paying attention because I don't need one, but the other morning I heard an add on the radio for our local Chevy/GMC dealer saying that they had the best deals because you'd never pay more than MSRP (manufacturer's suggested retail price) for a new car. And I'm like.......WHAT???Who the hell ever pays MSRP for a new car????If you can't get a car for 15 under MSRP you don't know how to haggle. At least that's how it used to be. Now these guys were saying that ONLY paying MSRP was a good deal!!!So I just figured they were insane and went to work.

At work I was mentioning the ad to a gal in the tool crib, and she commented that getting a car today for ONLY MSRP was outstanding!!!And I'm like WTF......what are you talking about?So she told me that with the ports all jammed up and parts shortages going on forever now, getting cars made is tough. So prices have gone up to meet demand. And usually dealers are fully expecting to make 10 OVER MSRP or they'll sell it to the guy behind you, who will pay it!!!Wow. The world really is upside down..........and getting worse. Think I'll wash and wax my SUV this weekend just because!!

;O)

bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

AlexT
Reply to w30bob

They can't keep up with unloading the intermodal stuff here either. We took 73 of them out of the rail yard on Friday and took them 28 miles to store them cause the rail yard is plugged with them. Tonight we picked up 24 of them and brought them back so they can get put on another train to go to California. Don't expect your car parts, Christmas presents, or whatever is in all these containers anytime soon. &zwj

w30bob
Reply to AlexT

WHAT????You mean my Mail-Order-Bride from China won't be here until Christmas????Oh crap. I knew I should have spent the extra 3000 and had her overnighted. Damn. Thanks for the heads up......maybe she has a sister here in the States already.......

;O(

SallyK

Good one Lovely.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister