Opinions on the Celebration ostomy support belt?

Replies
Views
AlexT

Anyone ever try the Celebration ostomy support belt? Seems like a cross between various belts with all the features wrapped up into one belt. I'm gonna research it a bit more and may give it a try. ‍

HenryM

Thanks for this post.  I looked at their website.  It's an interesting looking prospect.  Keep us posted.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
SallyK

Looks interesting. I've been looking for something to protect my stoma. I can't figure out the difference between the Celebration Belt System and the Celebration Low Profile "K" Support Belt System...other than the price.

AlexT
Reply to SallyK

Like I said, I just found the site and of course I'm going into work now so it might be a day or so for me to research it.

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

I'm comparing them as well. Have fun!

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
eefyjig

I just got a Stealth Belt - I'd never used a belt before and was interested in more protection, etc. I found it unusable because the opening is higher than where my stoma is and the bottom of the opening on the belt presses against the baseplate of my bag. It was really uncomfortable and I felt like the pressing was going to push the baseplate off my body. I'm really disappointed. Good luck with the research of this other bag, Alex and SallyK. I'm curious to hear what you think.

Homie With A Stomie NS

Keep us posted, please. And is it available in Canada?

AlexT
Reply to Homie With A Stomie NS

It says shipping worldwide.

w30bob

I remember looking at this belt, but don't remember why I didn't like it... other than the color. Now why do they make ostomy stuff in a color that so easily gets dirty and stained? Don't they realize we're dealing with shit here? They need to start making ostomy stuff in the color of the UPS guy's clothes. A nice dark shit brown. Not white, or off-white or cream. And I also find it a bit funny these ostomy support belts cost as much as a suit jacket. Maybe we can convince that guy from Men's Wearhouse to start making them too! They must be highly profitable!

;o)

Marco789

I don't have that model, but it looks interesting. I have a Siil ostomy wrap which functions well but I believe it lacks in hernia support. Also grabbed a StomaShield, and it's doing a good job protecting my stoma at work, as well as allowing for easy flow to the bottom of the bag. Mayo Clinic recommended the NuHope hernia support belt but I'm going to wait to see if I really need one. Good topic!

https://celebrationostomysupportbelt.com/

https://www.siilostomy.com/en/ostomy-belt/

https://www.stomagear.com/

Beth22
Reply to eefyjig

Eefyjig,

I had problems with the stealth belt too. I was so excited to get it and I measured everything to the T, and when I got it and put it on, it was super tight around the plate and over the stoma. I sent it back and ordered a size up, and the same thing happened, no room for the output around the stoma.

Beth22

Alex T, is the belt you're talking about only in the UK?

AlexT
Reply to Beth22

No, it's here in the USA I believe. Says they ship worldwide.

Beth22
Reply to AlexT

I will check it out... Have you looked at the Comifizz ostomy belt? I believe that's the name of it.

AlexT
Reply to Beth22

I looked at Comfizz's site. Some of their options look good too. I have a vertical StealthBelt which works well for me. I just wish the belt part was wider to go completely over my love handle area. I can't really wear any of the underwear made for ostomates because my stoma is higher than my waistline and I'd have to wear them like Steve Urkel Plus, they don't come in cool patterns/designs. So, I need a belt that's wider.

w30bob
Reply to AlexT

Hmmm... I can see that! Maybe you should start a new fashion trend, rather than trying to adapt to an existing one. Why follow the leader when you can lead yourself!! We'll start calling you "High Pants Alex"... just don't forget to wear white socks with your black sneakers... for the full effect!!

;O)

Sister of an Ostomate

I bought the Stoma Guard for my brother. He was struggling with wearing jeans because they cut his bag in half and disrupted the flow. The stoma guard allows him to wear jeans and not impact the flow. He had also had issues with his bags popping off or getting caught on things occasionally, so hopefully the stoma guard will also help to prevent this from happening.