Bag Mishap in the Bathroom

Replies
Views
Daanders

I went to a bathroom and when I pulled down my pants somehow I grabbed my bag. I sat down and here was my bag in my hand. It was a two-piece. I had no supplies. Somehow I sat there with my bag in my hand. I was in shock. What do I do? Think, think. I cleaned up and snapped it back on. What a day!!!!

AlexT

A little variety in life makes things interesting.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,438 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

HenryM

Nothing like stealing a victory from the face of defeat.

Justbreathe
Reply to AlexT

OMG. I think maybe it's a little anxiety (not variety) makes life challenging!

AlexT
Reply to Justbreathe

It's all how a person looks at it. I'd look at the bag and laugh thinking....."It's not very often I get to hold a bag of poop." While others would start sweating, shake, and say....."OMG, I could die right now." Life gives you lemons, either make lemonade and enjoy or walk around with a really weird sour face all the time. &zwj

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Ice

Thanks for sharing. I've tugged on it many times when pulling my pants down, but I've never pulled it off. I always tell myself to be careful.

Marco789

I may have trouble pulling mine off, since I use a one-piece.

gentlejohn

I assume your barrier was intact and you are using a 2-piece. Try wearing a belt. Hollister makes belts for a reasonable amount of money.

Justbreathe
Reply to AlexT

I would be in the "others group"

And I don't like lemonade

Daanders
Reply to gentlejohn

The belt came with it. LOL

eefyjig

Whoa, you must've had a couple of seconds where you thought, "Wait a minute...what?!" Good thing you wear a two-piece system. I wear a one-piece - that would not bode well for me!

eefyjig
Reply to Marco789

I do, too. That would not be a good thing to happen!

TerryLT

Wow, close call. Good thing the bottom piece stayed in place! There have been a few times I've accidentally tugged pretty hard on my pouch, while pulling my pants down, but I hope I never do succeed, because it's a one piece!

Terry

Ostoed

We 'One Piece' fans are worried now!

dscarlos

I have a urinary ostomy and at night I hook up to a bedside drainage bag. I have accidentally gotten the tubing tangled and pulled the bag off my sleep, and because I don't feel it, I wake up wet, and I hate being wet. But I just laugh at the situation and go in. I have had other things happen over the years that would probably make some people either laugh or cry.