Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
28,893 members
Next >

Bag what Bag

 
This is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding.

I went to a bathroom and when I pulled down my pants some how i grabbed my bag. I sat down and here was my bag in my hand, It was a two piece . I had no supplies. Some how I sat there with my bag in my hand. I was in shock, What do I do.  Think Think. I cleaned up and snapped it back on.  What a day !!!!

 

A little variety in life makes things interesting. 😬😁 

MeetAnOstoMate - 28,893 members
 

Nothing like stealing a victory from the face of defeat.

 


AlexT wrote:

A little variety in life makes things interesting. 😬😁 

OMG.  I think maybe it’s a little ANXIETY (not variety) makes life challenging!

 


Justbreathe wrote:

OMG.  I think maybe it’s a little ANXIETY (not variety) makes life challenging!

It’s all how a person looks at it. I’d look at the bag and laugh thinking…..”it’s not very often I get to hold a bag of poop.” 😁 While others would start sweating, shake, and say…..”omg, I could die right now.” Life gives you lemons, either make lemonade and enjoy or walk around with a really weird sour face all the time. 🤷‍♂️ 

Ice
 

Thanks for sharing. I’ve tugged on it many times when pulling my pants down, but I’ve never pulled it off. I always tell myself to be careful.

 

I may have trouble pulling mine off, since I use a one-piece 😂

 

I assume your barrier was intact and you are using a 2 piece.  Try wearing a belt.  Hollister makes belts for a reasonable amount of money. 

 


AlexT wrote:

It’s all how a person looks at it. I’d look at the bag and laugh thinking…..”it’s not very often I get to hold a bag of poop.” 😁 While others would start sweating, shake, and say…....

I would be in the “others group” 

and I don’t like lemonade 😝

 


gentlejohn wrote:

I assume your barrier was intact and you are using a 2 piece.  Try wearing a belt.  Hollister makes belts for a reasonable amount of money. 

The belt came with it lol

 

Whoa, you must've had a couple of seconds where you thought, "Wait a minute...what?!" Good thing you wear a two-piece system. I wear a one-piece - that would not bode well for me!

 


Marco789 wrote:

I may have trouble pulling mine off, since I use a one-piece 😂

I do, too. That would not be a good thing to happen!

 

Wow, close call.  Good thing the bottom piece stayed in place!  There have been a few times I've accidently tugged pretty hard on my pouch, while pulling my pants down, but I hope I never do succeed, because it's a one piece!

Terry

 

Us 'One piece' -ers are worried now !

 

I have a urinary ostomy and at night I hook up to a bedside drainage back. I have accidentally got the tubing tangled and pulled the bag off my sleep and because I don't feel it I wake up wet and I hate being wet. But I just laugh at the situation and go in. I have other things happen over the years that would probably make some people either laugh or cry. 

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours