Ostomy Memories Life is But a Dream

In this discussion
Replies
Views
HenryM

PERHAPS BECAUSE I LIKE TO WHISTLE it was no surprise that, the other night, I dreamed that I was a mockingbird in a pine tree singing my heart out, chirping a volley of different tunes and showing off my musical repertoire.  But then, I woke up, and I was Henry laying in bed, staring at the dresser visible by the night light.  Then it came into my head that I was a mockingbird, dreaming that I was Henry laying in bed.  The first dream seemed real at the time, just like me laying in bed seemed real.  Whoever first said that ‘life is but a dream’ had to be on in years, looking back at what, from the distance of old age, can seem unreal.  Did I really do that?  I ask myself this question often.  In retrospect, life seems to have been an express train, the few stations fading into the obscurity of the past, dreamlike in the elusiveness of the images, the people standing on the passing platforms as faceless as will-o’-the-wisps.  Night dreams are by their nature a past tense thing.  Time moves in one direction, memory in another.  People that you have known appear in your dreams as they used to be, not as they are.  As for the little gray mockingbird, he has gained a reputation as a copycat but, being a proud little guy, he thinks the other birds are imitating him.  

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,092 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe

"Sh-Boom"

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
eefyjig
Reply to Justbreathe

You beat me to it!

SallyK

I know I can have the weirdest dreams sometimes... People are all mixed up, doing things or saying things they don't usually do. I always get weird ones whenever I wake up around 4:00am and then go back to sleep.

eefyjig
Reply to SallyK

Yes, Sally, those morning dreams can be so weird!

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
AlexT
Reply to Justbreathe

I don't get it. &zwj

Justbreathe
Reply to AlexT

You're too dang young - but we love you anyway!

xnine

Alex is from a song

AlexT
Reply to xnine

Oh. ‍

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

https://youtu.be/Tr8Rhfzpdkk

eefyjig
Reply to SallyK

This is going to be in my head for at least the rest of the day!

SallyK
Reply to eefyjig

LOL, I love it!

TerryLT
Reply to SallyK

I confess, I didn't get the connection either, until you posted this!

SallyK

Henry, I don't know who first said "Life is but a dream," but I just read an article in Scientific American titled "Does Quantum Mechanics Reveal That Life Is But a Dream?".

warrior

" road house" was the movie i think.

starred patrick swazee  showing off his kung fu talents  as a bouncer ..in this town owned by..actor..ben..(whats his name?)

garzara??  ben is driving a convertible back and forth over the yellow line .. left and right singing.." sh boom sh boom". first ever hearing that.

personally..alice cooper's " welcome to my nightmare" is a better fit these days.