Embracing My Ostomy: Enjoying Coffee and Driving Simultaneously!

Replies
Views
Feb9HH

Drink coffee and drive at the same time! I never thought I'd be able to do that again. Have a blessed Sunday, friends!

AlexT

I was thankful I could leave my GPS coordinates of every bathroom within a 50-mile radius at home. Plus, I don't need new underwear constantly now.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,424 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

gentlejohn

Surgery gave me my life back. As I was treated with biologics, I got sicker.

SallyK

I am thankful for my ostomy for it saved my life. (I can't think of anything I can do now that I couldn't before except chat with you wonderful people.)

Killshot_24523

I don't have to get up 3 times a night to pee.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
TerryLT

I am thankful, mostly because mine saved my life, but it also because it allowed me to live a life free of constant discomfort and pain. All the other little bonuses, like multi-tasking, and not having to constantly be in the vicinity of a bathroom, are just icing on the cake.

Terry

Longroad78

I am thankful that I no longer have to know where the nearest bathroom is wherever I am.

Ycitygrl3842

Mine saved my life. It gets hard sometimes but I am learning to live with it.

w30bob

Yeah, I hear y'all.........it saved my life too, I guess..........but I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm 'thankful' for it. I would be more thankful if I had better doctors early on, and big pharma got off its ass and actually made some meds that cured this shit, as opposed to making meds that just treat diseases (that you have to take forever instead of a cure you take once and are done with it). Not much profit in the latter though. Greedy bastards that they are.

But yeah, it's better than knowing where all the bathrooms are everywhere you go, as was said above..........or having to sit things out because there wasn't a bathroom near that event! And think of all the toilet paper I've saved!!

;O)

Feb9HH
Reply to gentlejohn

Me too from the start of the biologics it went down hill from there.

ron in mich

Hi all! Mine saved my life, but I can walk and chew gum and poop all at the same time so there's that to be thankful for.

southpawbass
Reply to AlexT

Holy cannoli!!!

I thought I was the only one who had a GPS for this sole reason (prior to my initial surgery).

Gratitude!

IGGIE

I love my bag.

Storm54
Reply to gentlejohn

Which biologics made you sick? I am supposed to start Gattex soon and I'm really nervous about the many side effects that are listed. The doctor insists I try it and see how it goes because I'm high output and need more absorption. Ugh

bballman54

I thank my ostomy for the opportunity to wake up every morning and do about 90% of the things I used to do and a few things that I couldn't do before, like poop while I'm cooking. :0 :) ;)

drums_weights_ileostomy

I'm thankful that my surgery probably saved my life 49 years ago. But what I'm really thankful for is the fact that I don't have to have two sets of clothes, one for the skinny me when I was in remission, and one for the fat me when I was on medication. That was very difficult for a teenager.

OverWithThisOstomy-Maria
Reply to AlexT

OMG, LOL. I can't even with you. LOL.

Feb9HH
Reply to Storm54

I'm so sorry I'm just responding. I wish there was a separate notification when someone comments on your post. I log on and it will say 86 and it's a bit overwhelming. I only recently figured out to just go look at my posts and check the replies.
I first took Remicade infusions. I got antibodies to it and had to stop. I also had a skin issue from it. Then they put me on Humira and I got some kind of nerve issue in my hands and arms. I had to stop it myself because my doctor didn't believe me. I still have it today. Just not as bad.

I have not heard of what you are taking or going to be taking. I hope though that you get great results if you decide to go that route.

Feb9HH
Reply to Storm54

I am so sorry I missed your comment. I was on Remicade and Humira pre-surgery for ulcerative colitis. I have a little neuropathy in my hands now and weird freckles on my forearms from Remicade. This was prior to my ileostomy surgery though. Just be aware of the side effects and notice if something happens that's different. Hope you are doing well and it's helping.