Maple Syrup Trees: A New Perspective

Replies
Views
Happytostillbehere

Out driving today in Upstate New York where they're tapping trees for maple syrup. They collect the syrup in clear plastic bags hanging off the tree with the liquid at the bottom of the bag. In my mind's eye all I can see is that they all have ileostomy bags hanging from them. Can't undo seeing them and I'll never look at them in the same way again! Gotta laugh!

AlexT

Ostriches.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,460 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Celia1552
Reply to AlexT

I think that would be so neat to see trees all tapped for making syrup...down here we just decorate our palm trees ...lol...thinking of Christmas post....I'll never look at another one the same way again...Thank you AlexT!

AlexT

I have relatives in Connecticut that do the maple syrup thing. It sells for a lot.

w30bob

Just be glad it's not 50 years ago, when they used stainless steel buckets instead of bags. I can just imagine what ostomates did back then with a big old steel bucket snapped to their belt!

;O)

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
putt putt

I felt the same way when my sister brought a clear plastic bag containing guacamole to a holiday gathering!

IGGIE

G'day Happytostillbehere,

I will never enjoy the taste of maple syrup again, my thoughts won't let me.

I'm glad you tried the clip to hold your bag up.

Regards, IGGIE

kittybou
Reply to putt putt

I laughed SO hard at this comment, having just eaten some holiday colored chips, they were green and red.  Green showed up later. Yikes! Rofl!!!!!