Using Elijah's Ostomy Awareness Video

Replies
Views
SallyK

I always have a hard time finding the right words to explain what my ostomy is to someone. So recently I told someone about my ostomy and used this video of this cute little guy to do it.

Elijah Explains His New Ostomy

AlexT

Cool little kid. I go into a very detailed description when I explain my ostomy to someone. It goes like this... I poop in a bag. &zwj

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,381 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

TerryLT

This little guy is just so inspiring! He faces so many challenges as he grows up, and I hope he is able to handle them with the same acceptance and positive attitude that he has now. I wish there was more of this kind of thing out there to increase awareness in the general public. Thanks for posting, Sally!

Terry

eefyjig

This is precious and perfect. "I had surgery and I don't know what happened 'cause I was asleep and woke up with this bag." Boy, can we all relate to that. And my favorite part of my bag is also the velcro!

Beth22
Reply to AlexT

Lol AlexT, that's the only way someone gets what you're saying. I have tried to explain it, gone through the steps of explaining, they don't get it. I say I got to the bathroom in a bag and they still don't get it, and then I finally say.. Dude, I literally SHIT in a bag.. then they get it.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
SallyK

I volunteer for a 'visitor' program here with my local ostomy group. We 'seasoned' ostomates visit with 'new' ostomates to help them out... mainly with things like acceptance and day-to-day living. So I am always looking for more gentle ways of approaching things.

AlexT
Reply to SallyK

I told the hospital here that's what they need....an ostomate group to help those about to become one.

StPetie

Is it even possible to not love the heck out of that kid?

Past Member

What an absolute sweetheart, I love at the end when he says "I'm done"! Too cute for words!