5000 Member Office Pool (No Charge)

In this discussion
Replies
Views
KennyT
That is why I pay you the big bucks Lobster!! I never for one second doubted you and I was always confident that you would serve me well. They never had a chance.

I have just sold some members of my family to raise funds and you will find the amount you requested will be deposited into your account at the start of business tomorrow.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

southerngal
I selected 02/04/11 because I expect a lull in membership until after the first of the year. That is when the effects of holidays will result in new members.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

Kenny mate, you're in like Flynn, only 10 more relo's to go, LOL!!!
KennyT
Bloody oath I am Jo. It was a piece of piss. Only 4 to go now and Uncle Bruce and a few of my cousins are just sitting in their humpy at the back of Bourke waiting for the call.

Go you bloody good thing!!
lottagelady

Kenny - I reckon you maybe ought to be doing a bit of genetic testing in your family ..... must be an awful lot of shit flying around for all these lovely rellies of yours to all have bags! How do you cope with toilet facilities when they all come round for family gatherings?

Looks like today may be the day that our 5000th member joins up! So party time tonight possibly! Reckon as you know most of them the do should be in your house so you have to deal with the clearing up afterwards!

What are we gonna give the 5000th member though to mark the occasion?

Rach xxxx

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Beans_Momma322
May have already been guessed, but I'm saying 5 days from today, November 15th.
Beans_Momma322

Well darn, I was just about to offer up my son's father as a prize. nbsp; nbsp;I guess no one else wants the ex's, either. nbsp; nbsp;Oh well, I guess I'll have to think of something else...
lottagelady
Blimey - could well be today?
IamSam

Looks like Kenny is going to walk away with it! The time difference could place him dead on!
three
Congratulations Bag Lady even though your membership # is 004999, the site counter showed there were 5000 members when you were at the top of the "New Profiles" list. If your win is due to a counter glitch, member # 005000 and others may challenge your eligibility, but the lawyers in this pool will do what lawyers do and all will be @#$%!?.It's time for all the gamblers to begin paying up.

lottagelady
Ah - so it appears, however her membership no is 4999 ...... so in fact member no 5000 will be the next one! But I have still lost - just packing the dog up now .... (beware he did roll in a huge pile of fox shit yesterday and is honking quite well!)
administrator
Site Admin
Admin jumping in.

The team behind MeetAnOstoMate.com has decided to present all participants in the '5000th member poll' with the following prizes:

Winner: KennyT

KennyT's his second guess, posted before the cut-off date of Nov 9th, was Nov 11. KennyT will receive 12 Months Full Membership for free.

Topic initiator: Badancer

Badancer's second guess, posted before the cut-off date of Nov 9th, was Nov 8th. He was very close, but still can't beat KennyT. Regardless, as a topic initiator Badancer gets 6 Months Full Membership for free.

All other participants in the topic

Everyone else, who participated in this topic, will receive 1 Month Full Membership for free. Here is the list:

IamSam
lottagelady
Lobster
J.Maree
swiffer
weewee
eddie
Grammybec
Pinky
ron in mich
sherrybear
pundy145
beyondpar
loren4life
miyzy
Tropicald
mild_mannered_super_hero
gutenberg
Snrterry
southerngal
Beans_Momma322
three

Please login to your profiles to see your updated membership status (or end dates). If you already had Full Membership the prize was added as additional time.

Lastly, we would like to thank you all for being such amazing people. Without you this website would not have been the same.

The 5000th member is a nurse and this is why you cannot see her profile in the Latest Profiles list. For those of you curious to see, here is a link to her profile: https://www.meetanostomate.org/index.php?page=view_profile user_id=5000

Yours,

Admin
KennyT
Thankyou very much. I am just so proud and really did not have a speech prepared so I will just wing it.

Firstly I would like the thank the organizing committee even though they tried valiantly to dud me. I would also like to give a big thankyou to all my fellow contestants with a couple of notable exceptions (they know who they are dont they dont they Eddie and Rach). It was a fantastic effort by all concerned. And a big thanks to Admin for the fantastic prize they have offered. Wonderful.

I would like to thank Mr Lobster as well for his assistance and for totally sending me to the wall in the process of winning this fabulous contest. I am just glad that with my financial help he was able to spend some glorious time in the Bahamas. You could be a good man some day Lobster. Maybe.

But last but not least a massive thanks must go to my extended family for all their wonderful help in getting me to where I am today. I know it was a very daunting experience for you guys to go through those operations even though you did not require them and I can not thank you enough.

Ken
lottagelady
Why thank you Admin - how lovely ...... I for one enjoyed our little competition!

Kenny, when you coming to pick up the stinking hound?

Rach xxxx
KennyT
Hey Rach I am on the way.

First I have to head over to the States to pick up all my other riches!! I am made now.

Put the kettle on.
badancer
I would like to thank all participants in the 5000 Office Pool. I am surprised and very happy with the Administrators response to the conclusion of the event and their generous gifts. Perhaps the Administrator opted for # 5000 to save some unsuspecting new member the confusion of logging onto the site and being bombarded with unsolicited mail.
In any event, KennyT, with the help of his kin, is the grand prize winner. Congratulations Kenny, You richly deserve the treasures of your fellow Ostomates.
In conclude the festivities we will enumerate your treasure.

Entrant. Prize donated.

Badancer (roger) ;Cal Jan 04 1 slightly used pouch 1 cat scan (my cat)
Iamsam Texas Jan 18 ;can of Benzoin spray (nozzle clogged)
KennyT Aus ;Nov 11 ;Acme Life Improver for the needy
Lottagelady (Rach) UK Nov 22 1 bag eating Basset hound
Lobster UK March 15 ;1 sample of his secret sachet
J.Maree Aus ;Jan 01 ;?
Swiffer Mis Feb 05 1 crazy dog
Weewee Mont Feb 14 Bronzed ostomy bag (valentines day)
Eddie W.Virgin Feb 04 1 bag clawing, slightly neurotic cat
Grammybec Ill Feb 02 1 used ground hog (ground hog day)
Pinky Cal ;Mar 20 ;1 used hillbilly ex husband
Ron in Mich ;Mich April 01 1 used pouch clip (April fools day)
Sherrybear ;Ohio Jan 25 ;Old belts 2 bags (Chritmas)
Pundy145 ;Aus Nov 18 1/2 of a melted bag (?)
Beyondpar (Michael) N.Y. Nov 15 1 bottle of Karaya powder
Miyzy Can Mar 14 bagladycostume
Tropicald ;Fla ;Jan 04 ;1 bottle of pouchdeoderant ;mild mannered super hero Ken Dec 09 2 night stay in Honeymoon cabin
Gutenberg (Ed) Can ;? ?
Loren4life ;Iowa ? ?
Snrterry UK Jan 27 ?
Southerngal Georgia ;Feb 04 ?
Beans mamma Penn Nov 15 Contemplating donating ex
Three Can ? ;?

Again, thanks for competing and Kenny, I hear that super Hero may want his Honeymoon cabin back. Good luck to all and stay well.Roger
lottagelady
Kettle's on ..... how many sugars?

The pooch is humming nicely but suspect he knows that something is up, those eyes are getting more soulful by the minute!

Hope he will get on with Swiffers little pooch, they both look like characters .....

PS did I mention he was deaf?

See you soon ....

Rach xxxxxxx

Just a thought .... if you need someone to help you spend the holiday in the honeymoon cabin, then I am available for that. Hope you can cook?
KennyT
Hey Rach no sugar in my tea ok.

I dont really want to come between you and that lovely Bassett so I am prepared to cut a deal with you which may involve the Honeymoon Cabin of Mild Mannered Super Hero's and I guess that covers that part of the equation.

Alas my cooking varies between burning and completely burning with not a lot of variables in between so I am guessing we will be doing take away on our little get away in the back of those there hills.

After tea we will jet off and it is just you and me Rach. We will get down in our little piece of backwater and long grass but please leave the pooch at home.

See you soon.

Ken
lottagelady
OMG - Compton won't eat his breakfast this morning ...... he has NEVER EVER refused food! So a trip to the vet may well be in order later on - where do I send the invoice as stricly speaking he is yours now?

Actually I would have to bring Compton and his sidekick Jethro to the honeymoon cabin as they really wouldn't enjoy me leaving them for a while ... there's Gus and Frip the cats to consider too .....

MMSH/Jo - does your cabin have 'facilities' or is it a dig a hole job out the back? (in which case Compton will be in his element!) Also can you drive up to the cabin or does it need mules/horses to get us up there 'cos I could also bring the horses Mighty and Chester? Turning out to be a bit of an expedition!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lobster
Damn, a straight forward win for my client, I was hoping I could turn this in to a long running legal dispute - I need the money as my yacht requires a major refurbishment.

KennyT - I have sent an invoice for the last work I did for you, namely letting the administrators understand the foolhardiness of not letting you win. Please could you pay the funds in to my Lichtenstein account (the Swiss have become a little jittery just recently, not sure why but reading between the lines I think it might be something to do with my representing some aged gentlemen who hastily fled to south america many years ago and sellling Nazi gold on eBay).
IamSam
Congratulations Ken!!!!!

Let me know where to send my contribution to the prize pool!! Will a COD delivery to Sydney from the US be expensive? I also have a 15 year old Tonkanese Cat who is deaf! If you would like I can include him in the package! I'm positive that combined with Rach's Basset, you would have hours of of fun watching a deaf dog sneak up on a aged deaf Cat! I'm laughing at the thought already! Let me know!

Huge thanks to the Administrative staff for the gracious gifts to those of us who fell short of Ken's brilliant ability of prediction and his motivational skill at rallying family members to endure such strenuous and painful surgical intervention for such a worthy cause!
eddie
congrads!! KennyT, the best artificial a.h. won!!!!!!!!!!! I must confest perhaps there are a few more things you need to know about my prize donation of a slightly neurotic cat, did I mention besides clawing bags he also has a seizure disorder requiring dilantin 3 times a day, (I would suggest buying a good supply of welders gloves because he doesn't take to taking his medication well) also did I imform you about the vomiting issue (oh don't worry he only vomits 4 to 5 times a day) a supply of paper towels and a case of disinfectant should do nicely!! and 1 more thing he will only eat MEOW MIX food I hope you have it there or it could be a major expense to import. There may be a few more issues I haven't thought of but I will send detailed instructions for care with him COD. By the way, where do we send are prizes???? Oh 1 more tinny little thing He must fly 1st class with me and of course I will need to stay a couple weeks to allow him to become conditioned to leaving home a 5 star hotel is fine for me do you want to do the reservation or should I , Hey Rach perhaps you would like to deliver your wonderful hound at the same time?? Just one more question how are you going to move MMSH cabin??? Any way you lucky dog, enjoy your spoils!!!!!!!!!!!11
eddie
KennyT
It certainly has been a rollercoaster of emotions since my victory in the biggest guessing competition this side of the bridge down the road from my place and I have had a period of reflection.

I am just too overwhelmed by the enormity of all the responsibility that goes with the magnificent prizes (not to mention the cost) and have had to make some very hard decisions. It is with deep regret that I must inform everyone that due to a severe bout of 'I did not know what I was getting myself into' that I will have to decline the generous offers. I really appreciate the thought but I cannot bring myself to take such prized objects from you needy people.

I have decided to accept MMSH's offer although and the lovely Rach and I will be arriving as soon as she can find a zookeeper to come to her house to tend to her menagerie. At the moment we plan to arrive on the Cobb Coach no 14 from Deadsville next Tuesday morning MMSH.

And as for you Mr Lobster I tried to deposit the money of which you speak but was informed by the Lichtenstein National Bank that you had closed your account and had suddenly dissappeared. Those pesky War Crimes people again?? Shame about that. Hope to catch up with you one day and in the meantime I will just keep the cash.

Regards
Ken
eddie
NO, NO kENNYT, YOU WON FAIR SQUARE, WE COULDN'T THINK OF DENYING YOU OF YOUR WONERFUL PRIZES, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eddie
Past Member
rach/kenny...the cabin is complete with working {but slightly rusty} quot;thunder bucket quot;
also the lid is missing{think it was used as a target}. sorry but no running water unless it`s raining, it is quite well ventilated and the heat is on the fritz so i would suggest that you quot;dress for the season quot;. i will provide transportation from front gate to front porch{watch that loose board on the right}. it is quite roomy{2 rooms actually}, so bring the animals if you desire them. things should be fine as long as everyone doesnt go to the north west corner at one time{the top rock of the supporting column being missing}on that corner.
enjoy your stay...
tippitop
9th of March, bang on.I will add my Kensington pied a terre plus 3 packets of pork scratchings.

Tippitop (Tricia)
Pinky
I think that honeymoon cabin is just south of where my ex is living - do you want a menage a trois? Just watch out for incoming Mormons ;
lottagelady
Ewww(!) no Pinky, think 1 bloke several dogs, a few cats (some neurotic) and a couple of nags will suffice for now I think ......

Kenny looks like we will need the nags too, hope their passports are up to date ....? Do you ride horses at all? Just deciding on experience as to who gets the loopy one?

Kenny - almost forgot to tell you that your Compton is a prize winner himself! (no .... not Crufts, the village Fancy Dressed Dog Class - this is Sherlock Bones!)

Just leaving for Heathrow now, though will have to collect you then drag you round UCLH for my hospital appt in London first before you can come and meed my menagerie ....
See you soon .... hope you got internet access on that flight ......x

Rach xx
KennyT
Beautiful Rach I have my jodhpurs packed and ready. I think I like the blonde one and I certainly hope that this is not the loopy one!!

You were not telling fibs about the menagerie and my devious little mind is ticking over already devising a plan to make some money from these beasts to cement our future together. I was thinking maybe we could set up a childrens zoo with little effort and if you do all the leg work I will be the brains behind the organisation.

Thanks so much for picking me up and I dont mind at all going with you to your appointment as I will take the opportunity to see if an English pscychiatrist can do what these idiots here cannot do and sign some piece of paper to state that I am indeed sane. How hard can that be??

See you soon.
Ken.
badancer
Rach, are you going to introduce Kenny to your friend Winnie? He may change his mind about the blond one.

In any event, with Sherlock's advanced age he should probably not be watching so I gave advance warning to one of your cats.

Anyway I hope you and Kenny have a good visit and check your silverware before he leaves. Bad