Ostomy's Unexpected Celebration - A Funny Bathroom Mishap!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
harleyrider

Not really sure why or how to tell this tale but I thought I'd share this

On Monday of last week, I had a colonoscopy. My second since the operation, a permanent colostomy 3 years ago

That night, Monday, I changed the appliance and bag and added the usual Adapt lubricant and deodorant

Went back into the office on Tuesday. As in the past, it takes me about a week to have a solid bowel movement after that procedure. I pass gas for most of the week through the bag. No big deal.

Anyway, the men's room on my floor has a row of sinks, urinals, and stalls along one wall

On Friday around noon time, I needed to pee and as usual, I take the first stall on the end nearest the urinals. It's one of those typical office stalls where the walls are about 2 feet off the floor and about 3 feet open from the ceiling.

Anyway, I notice that my bag has some air so I elect to empty it before going out for lunch. I open the bottom of the bag, like I've done all week, and squeeze the bag to push the air out. Only this time I get lots of bubbles and they float over the stall walls into the room.

Not sure what the other guys in the room at the time were thinking and I'm not going to ask.

I waited for them to leave

I figure my ostomy (Mickey – named after Mickey Mouse) was just celebrating his third anniversary that day - April 29th

LOL

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,105 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Hello harleyrider. Thanks for sharing this story. I've never heard tell of this before but it sounds like a great anecdote for the archives. it will be interesting to find out if anyone else has had a similar experience.
Best wishes
Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
harleyrider

Bill
Well, it was a first for me. Hahaha
Can't imagine what went through their minds seeing bubbles float through the air. Would have been interesting to have seen their faces.
LOL

Reminded me of an old TV show. Think it was the Lawrence Welk Show. Where they always had bubbles floating from behind the curtain.

Best
Patrick

klark

Most folks wouldn't know Lawrence Welk, don't you think??

harleyrider

Klark

Probably not. Heck, I hardly remember it but for some reason the bubbles thing reminded me of it... no clue as to why. LOL

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
klark

The Lawrence Welk Show was a favorite of my dad!! I remember it pretty well!! LOL Aging myself here...

LadyHope

I remember The Lawrence Welk Show too. My family enjoyed it on a Sunday evening...at the time not me so much but I was a little girl at the time, a long time ago. LOL.

Primeboy

There was a show that the whole family watched together and enjoyed. The bubbles always came up when Lawrence played Champagne Music and the audience danced. I had a crush on all the Lennon Sisters but enjoyed hearing the show's Irish tenor, Joe Feeney, belt out a passionate "Ave Maria" which would melt the hardest of hearts. The show has been on reruns on PBS for years. You can still hear Lawrence say, "A-one, an A-two" waving his baton and leading his orchestra into the next melody. Thanks for the memory.

iMacG5

Thanks for the reminder. Since my dad was an accordionist and we lived in a Polish-Slavic neighborhood in Trenton, NJ, Lawrence and Myron made the music they lived for.
Somehow, it just seems to me like Harleyrider and Lawrence Welk in the same sentence is like a giant oxymoron.
Great post!
Mike

harleyrider

Mike
Guess the fact that I'm an avid Downton Abbey (I consider it the best show ever made) and PPS fan, probably doesn't help
..LOL..

iMacG5

Hey Harley, diversity is a blessing. There's so much to enjoy on this planet and about other planets. Hopefully some folks might just give your shows a try and end up saying something like, "Wow, they're great!"
Thanks for sharing.
Mike