Dishwasher Stacking: Tips and Tricks

Replies
Views
CrappyColon

This one had me at raccoon. Which are you?

Bryce

I take the 5th. Rocky

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

I've never turned my dishwasher on once. I like washing dishes. Go figure.

;O)

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

What

Axl

Probably used it 3 times in 5 years... Can't remember how to work it...

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

We never had a dishwasher growing up, nor did we need one. I was the dishwasher.

Are you THAT lazy you can't wash a few dishes?

Next you'll tell me you have a washer and dryer too!

This country is gettin' way too soft. What's next.......Air Conditioning?

;O)

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

Oh, those are fighting words lol

I wash the dishes that can't go in the dishwasher or if I'm going to need it again before the dishwasher is run.

I have kids, you know? They go through a lot of dishes.

Air conditioning saves lives. Google it. I'm sure it's a fact somewhere.

I'm laughing because I have to use a stool to be able to reach the laundry in the bottom of the washer, definitely didn't test that out in the store before I bought it online and had it delivered. But because of how far I have to lean in and the weight it put on incision sites, it got me out of that part of laundry for months.

CrappyColon
Reply to Axl

Mine is used daily. I really question sometimes how we go through so many dishes.

HenryM
Reply to w30bob

Once again, Bob, you and I are on the same page.  Amazing, huh?  Almost five years in my house and I haven't used the dishwasher once.  I prefer washing them in the sink.  

Wildflower 81

My daughter would definitely be the raccoon.....IF our dishwasher was currently working (it decided to go on vacation shortly after my first bout in the hospital, which was about 6 months ago, we just haven't replaced it yet). At the moment she is having to wash them by hand, so she is really missing the dishwasher.

w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

Fightin' words? Well.......ok, I'll oblige.....'cause you look like a good fighter and have a good sense of humor too.

Ok.....gloves on...........

Kids do use a lot of dishes........so try paper plates!

I know.......bad for the environment. But not really. Trees grow back.........coal doesn't.....and coal is what's used to generate the electricity you use for that dishwasher. So much for 'reduced carbon footprint'........eh?

AC does save lives, I guess (I WILL need to Google that to be sure though). But AC also dumps LOTS of warm air into an atmosphere some claim is getting warmer because of stuff like that. AND it uses more of that coal to get the electricity needed to power all those AC units.....so a double whammy!!

You're short. Well.........good things come in small packages, right? So I have to give you THAT one!

We'll just say the score is Bob (2) and Jodi (1). It's close. And to be continued, I'm sure. I hear you don't like to lose!!

Have a FANTASTIC Wednesday there Crappy!

;O)

gentlejohn

I am a Scandinavian architect. I also squeeze the toothpaste tube from the bottom.

A dishwasher is more water-efficient than washing by hand when you have a full load. Energy Star says that over the typical dishwasher's 12-year lifetime, washing your dishes by hand can cost you about $1,300 more than using an Energy Star-certified dishwasher. Combined energy and water costs for the average dishwasher amount to just $463 over the appliance's lifetime.

w30bob
Reply to gentlejohn

Hi, gentle.

Well... sure, if you use water to wash your dishes. Us poor folks just use an old dishrag to wipe stuff off until the towel finally walks away. Guess we save $1300 a pop that way. Wait till I tell my kin folks!!

To be honest, we'd probably use a dishwasher too, if we had electricity and running water up at the house.

;O)

CrappyColon
Reply to Wildflower 81

Oh, I bet she is!

CrappyColon
Reply to Wildflower 81

In general, I'm laid back and have a philosophy of "it won't cause harm, see what works." Our former neighbors, who we remained friends with, still tease me about a rice experiment I did one year. The flaw in my plan was that my experiment was very visible to anyone that walked by the house or, in their case, lived across the street. It was driving my husband crazy how I loaded the dishwasher, so now that's his job to do it.

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

Spelled my name wrong so you lost a point. Sorry, it's a rule, can't do anything about it.

Beth22

Lol, I organize the dishwasher when I load it.

Uro2011

I'm totally a Scandinavian architect! Unfortunately, my two adult girls are raccoons on meth. I just gave up getting annoyed.

CrappyColon
Reply to gentlejohn

I would expect the architect aspect from a surgeon.

I do remember reading about the energy efficiency of a dishwasher vs hand washing when we had our new one installed.

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

Spent the day at Cleveland Clinic

CrappyColon
Reply to Uro2011

If you can't beat them, join them or in your case not getting annoyed works too

CrappyColon
Reply to Beth22

Color-coded or different method?

TerryLT

I use the dishwasher every night. If I'm away, my husband never opens it once, and when I return, I have to wash every dish he's used. His idea of 'washing' dishes is running hot water over them, even if they are greasy. I'm beating my head against the wall trying to make him understand that water alone doesn't cut through grease. I often remove dishes that he has placed in the dish drainer, and put them in the dishwasher. He insists that his dishes are clean. Not! We also disagree on how to load the dishwasher, me being the architect, he the raccoon. I don't see any end to this situation, it just is! The joys of a happy marriage!

Terry

Beth22
Reply to TerryLT

Terry,

He uses just hot water... ahhh lol. I would do the same thing you do.

Wildflower 81
Reply to CrappyColon

What is this rice experiment you speak of?

CrappyColon
Reply to TerryLT

I told my husband if he didn't like my method, as I didn't have one, he could be the one who loads it all the time. So he does. Now I got in trouble too many times after my colectomy from trying to unload the dishwasher, so that's the kids' job now. But we could never remember whose turn it was, so each has to do their half.

Wildflower 81
Reply to CrappyColon

I think what bothers me most is there were times she would only have it half full and run it....um, no....yeah it may use less water but those Cascade pods ain't cheap, lol. Also, putting things in like mashed potato-encrusted beaters.....no.....soak that crud off first!

Ostomate & woundr

ROFL Rolling on the chair laughing I don't really want to get down on the floor

CrappyColon
Reply to Wildflower 81

Not sure I should explain that one out loud.

Wildflower 81
Reply to CrappyColon

I'm down for a PM!!! Inquiring minds want to know......