Recommendations for Thought-Provoking Documentaries

Replies
Views
Mayoman

Hi ladies and gents ... all my fellow baggers ...

You might have heard of Naomi Klein ... brilliant writer and social scientist.

Documentary: "The Shock Doctrine".

Based on a book by the same title by Naomi Klein.

Scary but very informative large-scale social manipulation. This is not some wacky theory but a very thoughtful intelligent study of just how this world works ... in reality ... how whole populations can be manipulated using the tools available to governments.

Documentaries like this ... IMHO!! should be in all schools ... how the world works.

jeanneskindle

And here I was going to suggest Clarkson's Farm!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Mayoman

LOL.. ..I've been on Irish farms and at least one English Farm and Naomi Kline is much more interesting and much less full ofShit .

The Doc is more accurately described as beingabout Power and the Misuse of power by those who get it in their grasp .

HenryM

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."   Dwight D. Eisenhower    Ike warned us about this sort of thing long ago.  I'm not sure he realized just how pervasive and devastating it would be.  

Killshot_24523

The swamp will say and do anything to avoid being drained.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Beth22

Have you seen "Death of a Nation" by Dinesh D'Souza?

HenryM
Reply to Killshot_24523

Yes, but be careful about guys who claim they want to "drain the swamp."  They just mean the other guy's swamp.  

Killshot_24523

Sadly, any attempt by anybody to drain this mess we have has been and will be met with rage, lies, and destruction. You can't change something when the people in control are what you want to change.

HenryM
Reply to Killshot_24523

We'd have to do away with ALL politicians, as they are all swamp creatures.  Since that's not going to happen, we'll have to elect the ones that appear most genuine, relatively honest, whose positions on substantive matters that affect everyone is something we can live with.  Of course, the pol will have to be willing to state a substantive position first ... 

Killshot_24523

I think there are some that actually care about the American citizens, few, but some. So, yeah, most need to go. But the foxes control the hen house.

Mayoman
Reply to HenryM

Yes !! Henry !!One of the The most importantspeeches ever made by anyone in this country . He saw the writing on the wall and how the spread of FEARIs a tool to justify almost anything . Misleading the population and preying on the fear generated by the Military Industrial Complexleads to a blank check for morality / Immorality as well as in financial terms ... "we had to destroy the village to save it .. " .

Just saw the "Stealth Destroyer" Shipthat came in at Eight BILLIONDollars each !!! Because the called it quits after the second disasterous build .

"Willful Ignorance " is what will destroy a perfectly good society . " I got mine , now f**K you " . Puts the icing on the cake . !!

Slainte ..Magoo

Mayoman
Reply to Beth22

With all due respect, I deal in reality...not fantasy.

Magoo

Mr.Heart2Win

I used to have a huge crush on Naomi Klein when she was younger, still very foxy with a deep mind that can see the system, the network of evil, she can see the architecture of greed, and reports it like nobody else. She can see the system with her analytical prowess, the big picture and the actors in it. Everyone should watch all her videos. If you want to watch the truth, facts, watch Democracynow.org. She has tons of interviews there. It's the only channel that gives voice to the working class of America, regardless of religion, creed, race or gender.

I watch tons of documentaries, now less that I'm so busy, I just watched that one and it is great. It's crazy what is going on, insane.

D'Souza is a total quack ...

Beth22
Reply to Mayoman

With all due respect, you should go watch it again. It's not fantasy at all, it's facts. I don't know where you get fantasy from. And with all due respect, I hope that your eyes are open to what's going on today.

Beth22
Reply to Mr.Heart2Win

Lol, you can think that way. You are entitled to your opinion, but I hope one day your eyes will be opened to all the evil and corruption that is going on and who is behind it all.

Mayoman
Reply to Mr.Heart2Win

Yes indeed, she is the person with facts and does not live in some delusional made-up world like DeSouza and his entourage.

Naomi is a true gem as are her documentaries and writings. ...Magoo.