Ostomy Memories of the Eternal Flux

Replies
Views
HenryM

THERE ARE PLENTY OF THEORIES ABOUT DREAMS, but they’re just theories.  No one really knows why we have night dreams, or what they mean.  Sometimes I suspect that understanding Einstein’s theory of relativity could be easier than understanding last night’s dream.  People from my past flit in and out of my dream world like summer mosquitos, often people I hardly knew and haven’t given a moment’s thought in decades.  But they obviously are in the deep, dark recesses inside my head, trying to make their presence known, and then suddenly it’s as if they step inside a lighted room somewhere in my brain, moving as if they’re living people.  Sometimes, though I may recognize them, I cannot remember their name.  This is why I wonder, if there’s an afterlife, it must be like night dreams.  You just float around in the eternal flux of time without end, exposed to whatever or whoever happens to come drifting by you, everybody a part of everyone else’s dream world afterlife.  Perhaps that’s why we have night dreams, to prepare us for that afterlife.  Or maybe our life is just a momentary escape from perpetuity.  Forget heaven and hell.  That’s just religious mumbo jumbo.  Perhaps what we think of as our life is us having temporarily broken free from that eternal flux.  But we can no more escape it than we can gravity.  We are all from, and going to return to, the eternal flux.  

CrappyColon

I had this dream a few weeks ago... and most of the details are irrelevant but in the dream my one cousin was pregnant and ended up having a baby girl. So I texted her as soon as I woke up and she responded "wooooooow" and then sent me a picture of her son wearing a big brother shirt. They had just found out she is pregnant. And one of her sisters had a dream the same night that she was having a girl too. We don't live in the same state. Typically don't communicate daily. Idk if it was a really weird coincidence or what. She hasn't had the blood test yet that tells the gender but if it's a girl we're all going to flip out.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,441 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bowsprit

How about daydreaming as compared to night dreaming? There is more to this story than meets the eye. They say that daydreaming allows you to consider different possibilities and think outside the box. Has anyone ever had a prophetic dream? I haven't but look forward to receiving one. How famous would I become if I could reveal future events! Not very likely, you have to be very spiritually attuned and receptive to messages from the subconscious mind, which I am not. Interpreting dreams is an entirely different story, a complex structure of figures and symbols too complex to detail here. I had a friend who claimed that all his dreams were of women of different shapes and hues. I have some like that, but some dark figures feature in them too.

HenryM
Reply to bowsprit

"all his dreams were of women of different shapes and hues"   Sounds like the dreams of just about every teenage boy.  

bowsprit
Reply to CrappyColon

You possess hidden powers of a spiritual nature. Not everybody has prophetic dreams or is able to communicate with the subconscious mind. Please keep us informed about other such activity. Best wishes.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
CrappyColon
Reply to bowsprit

Without wanting to sound... I don't know how to word it... crazy?

I've had two 'prophetic' dreams that came to fruition, not counting the story about the dream about my cousin- still not sure what to make of that one. Another dream that was an answer to someone else's question about something serious that happened. It can be years in between those dreams and a while before one comes to fruition. But I'm very careful and cautious because sometimes my dreams are just dreams- I don't consider anything serious if I've been under anesthesia or pain meds after a surgery because the state of the brain can be so altered. I had taken my son to a barber shop one day to have his hair cut and the manager kept looking over at me and there had been 4 of us talking including my son and finally the manager came up to me and he was like I can tell there is something different about your spirit. I responded "uh like what?" because I didn't know him or what he was getting at. We had a really interesting conversation.

CrappyColon
Reply to bowsprit

Bowsprit, dreams are an important part of your culture, aren't they?

bowsprit
Reply to CrappyColon

Nothing extraordinary, except that if you see a dream repeatedly and others see it too, then it is probably a true one. It is next door in India, of which we were once a part, that dreams are treated significantly and many figures and symbols that you dream of are interpreted differently. Best wishes.

iMacG5

Hey Henry, I think I've had dreams similar to yours and interpreted them not too differently. Where our perception might vary is in the “afterlife” stuff. I was subjected to lots of teaching and did some of my own as a sub and votech night school teacher. Fortunately, I didn't let my education interfere with my learning and didn't allow any flux in my teaching. Getting back to the afterlife, I strongly believe there ain't none. If there was, and the afterlifer had no memory of a previous existence, that person would just be living in the only life he or she knew. The heaven and hell stuff needs consideration but somewhat differently. I have difficulty thinking my entire life is being evaluated on a “Pass/Fail” basis. If one never exceeds the speed limits, always pays taxes on time and doesn't dump trash anywhere it doesn't belong, I guess that qualifies them for eternal euphoria among angels and saints as opposed to the guy or gal who missed Mass for no good reason and now will burn in hell for the next zillion years. I guess I'm still learning. I'm only 82.

Respectfully,

Mike