Seeking Connection: Finding Love or Friendship with a Chronic Illness

Replies
Views
bubbaduffman
May 11, 2023 10:07 am

Hi everyone.

I can't help but wonder if anyone has actually found someone special through this site. I ask as I find it so difficult to find even a friend in this crazy world.

I am new here and don't really think it would work, but I am an optimist so who knows.

I am a Crohn's disease person with an ileostomy since 1991. I was married for almost 30 years, single for the last 5 years.

AlexT
May 11, 2023 2:55 pm

Login to see image
Never give up, the perfect blossom for you does exist. It may take a lifetime to find but when you do, life is complete.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

bubbaduffman
May 11, 2023 5:28 pm
Reply to AlexT

I would certainly like to think so.

Justbreathe
May 11, 2023 6:51 pm
Reply to AlexT

Ahhh, don't be fooled - there is always a bug on a blossom - (no one is perfect) but you can always shoo it off and accept it for its beauty! ... ask me how I know....jb (married 58 years and counting and still shooing!)

Justbreathe
May 11, 2023 6:53 pm

Where's Magoo? Look up his profile.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
AlexT
May 11, 2023 6:58 pm
Reply to Justbreathe

Of course, nobody is ideally perfect, but what I find perfect and what another person finds perfect could be totally different. So, mine is perfect in my eyes, and in the end, that's all that matters.

puchtiago
May 11, 2023 11:07 pm
Reply to Justbreathe

Well, I found someone with the stoma and during the recovery from the reversal, I lost her.

Gemini16
May 12, 2023 1:10 am

I certainly have met someone amazing on this site, but, he doesn't realize how great he is. He is definitely an outstanding person and I got a lot of love for him.

frostsdl8
May 14, 2023 10:57 pm

Yes, I have and she understood what I have and she took me as I am. I am so glad and happy I found someone. Yes, it is very hard to find someone that will understand what you have. I have had this for 38 years and it's a part of me now. It was hard at first.

NancyAnn
May 15, 2023 12:48 am

I did find someone I was in a relationship with for many years but sadly he passed away a few years ago. I also talk with another gentleman who I met through here. Long-distance relationship, unfortunately.

Superme
May 15, 2023 2:51 am

My soulmate married someone else

judiprescott17
May 15, 2023 1:50 pm

Hi, howdy.

To answer your question, no. But I have met a man across the pond (Scotland) and we have been "friends" for a couple of years now. Neither of us are well over all being over 70 and having other issues. Your history sounds so much like mine I had to pipe up. Marriage ended badly after 28 years. Not only did I leave my paid for home, but even left the state! My colectomy, Dec. 1989 for UC diagnosed as IBD with multiple revisions and a failed J-pouch. I moved back to Arizona August 2016, but might as well have been single 4 years before that! I had some emotional healing to do, and I have done the work. I am an old hippie and live a simple life, like to read and I write poetry.

Feb9HH
Jun 07, 2023 4:47 pm
Reply to puchtiago

I'm sorry. I can imagine that was hard. All of this is hard. I hope you find the one.

godisgreatty12345
Jun 24, 2023 12:45 pm
Reply to puchtiago

That sounds bad to hear, but may her soul rest in perfect peace.

godisgreatty12345
Jun 24, 2023 12:51 pm

You just have to work and pray toward it because there are still good people out there with a good mindset but before then wish you best of luck

vegan2share
Jul 24, 2023 9:00 pm

As the saying goes, "Where there's life, there is hope!!! It's gotta be true, 'cause I'm still alive, and still hoping!!!!!!

Killarney
Aug 27, 2023 9:55 am

Wrote to a few on here, no reply. Not losing sleep about it. Obviously lost their manners.