Miniskirt Memories

Replies
Views
Mysterious Mose

In the early 90's, I worked for a semi-large tech company. Our offices were near the facilities department, which had hired a number of young women. A couple of them liked coming to work in miniskirts. We would get a chuckle out of watching them constantly pull down on their skirts as they walked in the hallways and on the sidewalks. Well, having an ostomy bag has turned the tables. I now find myself subconsciously tugging at my shirt to keep my bag out of sight. Just goes to show that one should be careful as to whom one laughs at. :-)

Axl

Tell me about it... I can't go anywhere in a skirt anymore...

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe
Reply to Axl

It's a good thing because those matching high heels will ruin your feet...ask me how I know....

Twomadogs

Mum, I'm going out.

You're not leaving this house until you change that miniskirt.

Why?

Because I can see your balls, Richard.

Beachboy
Reply to Twomadogs

Thank you for that. I laughed out loud.

Cheers,

Beachboy

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Beachboy

I do exactly the same thing. Always checking that my bag bottom is not exposed. My wife points it out to me too.

Take care,

Beachboy

Winnie The Pooh

There are times I wish I wore a dress! It would make hiding Winnie a lot easier. Anything without a belt, really. A Demis Roussos style kaftan/tent would be ideal. My slob style of XXL T-shirt hanging over awkwardly belted shorts is not exactly stylish.

I wonder have the ostomy surgeons (God bless them), or the stoma nurses (God bless them too, putting up with our shit!) ever canvassed feedback from people like us with regard to placement of the stoma? They've done their job of saving our lives and have moved on to the next patient, whereas we are stuck with that hurried decision for the rest of our lives. For me either higher or lower would have made my clothes less frumpy and my self-image a tad higher. But on balance I'm grateful not to be pushing up the daisies.

Mysterious Mose
Reply to Winnie The Pooh

My stoma is slightly above my navel, so I can relate. However, I am able to somewhat comfortably wear my underwear and shorts/summer slightly below where they used to be. The major problem with that is it is also below that blasted roll of fat many of us seem to end up with. I walk 3-4 miles a day and work up a sweat in the summer heat here in Colorado. This causes skin irritation around that area and the lower edge of my barrier. I love the heat and hate the cold. However, I do find myself eagerly awaiting cooler weather. But then, I will happily complain about being cold, which is even more of a problem since my quarter year in the hospital. :-(nDaniel