Exciting Air Show at Huntington Beach, California!

Replies
Views
Beachboy

Hello and happy Friday!

Ditched work today to walk to the beach and see the Huntington Beach, California air show. Huge crowds on the beach with overcast skies. Should clear up in an hour or so. Just watched the Blue Angels. Quite a performance! Planes fly right over my house.... My poor cat hides in the closet. Won't see her again till the show is over Sunday. Last year I was too sick to watch the show. What a difference a year makes. Have bag.... will travel

SallyK

Happy Friday! 🥳

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

DexieB

Sounds like you had a good day! Happy Friday!

eefyjig

What a wonderful thing it is, going from missing things due to illness to being well enough to enjoy them again. Good for you, Beachboy, thanks for sharing that with us!

Beachboy

OMG   The military jets are LOUD.  My stomach's gonna retract!  Just saw F35 and F22 Raptor.  Fly by at near supersonic speed, you can see the air condensed on the wings.  Amazing

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Morning glory

What an awesome day you're having. I would love to see the Blue Angels. It is so nice that you are enjoying life.

Axl
Reply to Beachboy

That I would like to see..

Beachboy

Hi Axl,

This same air show also puts on a show in Gold Coast, Queensland Australia.

This year's show was back in August. They're planning another show for next year.

Search for: Pacific Air show for more details.

Beachboy

4:48 pm Thunderbirds are flying now... right over my house. My cat is scrunched up in a closet. It is sooooo loud. All around, car alarms are going off. A little while ago, an F35 zoomed by at about 800 feet over my house with full afterburners on. Dinnerware in my China cabinet was rattling. Now we're off to an Angel's baseball game. Stoma Herb has been nice and quiet today.

I was just about to hit send.... when another low altitude, high speed Thunderbird just blasted by overhead... and now another... OMG so LOUD, 2 in a row. I had to cover my ears in the house. Car alarms everywhere wailing.

We're gonna skip church tomorrow and see airshow again... this time with ear plugs.

AlexT

Since we have SAC here, we get a lot of military planes, pretty cool. I was out fishing one time sitting on a lake when the annual air show was going on. The lake was right where the planes would turn around. Got to watch the whole show for free and not around 200,000 people. 👍

Bob 48

There's an Air National Guard base 5 minutes outside of my town, so luckily I have seen them many times over the years. The base has an airshow every few years. Did they have any A-10 Warthogs or Harrier jets? Stealth bombers have flown out of here before also, they are all pretty amazing.

Beachboy

No A-10s or Harriers this year. An A-10 Warthog would be really cool to see, one badass airplane.

Beachboy

Walking to see the airshow again today. Hard to sit in my house and hear (and feel) them jetting about. Overcast skies so views are excellent, no sun in our eyes.

Megs

What an exciting couple of days for you.

We have an air show usually once a year over two days. https://www.military-airshows.co.uk/ven36.htm

Hope your cat survived. We have the same problem on Guy Fawkes night 5th Nov and New Years Eve with the fireworks.

Nungsr

It's always a good show, I lived in Anaheim on Ball Road and most of the planes would circle around right over my place. Plus, Los Alamitos Air Base was just down the street from me.

SharkFan

Good to hear you're out and about. The Angels arrived in the SF Bay Area last night. Buzzed our house. I'm looking forward to having as much fun as you had. My cat is used to it. My new pup is a different story.

Take care and best of health,

SharkFan

warrior
Reply to Beachboy

waves to beachboy.🖐️

im calling your work. yur busted.☺️

AND .. skipping church? Jesus aint happy.