that needed to be strong and tough. 

A cotton cloth that’s often blue,
which some might say is good value,
as from a certain point of view
it’s strong resilient and true.

Yet recently, there is trending, 
selling jeans that need mending,
with big rips around the knees
which seem to please the young with ease.

But not for me, I am afraid,
for I believe that when I’ve paid
my hard-earned cash, then from my view
it needs to look as if it’s new.

B. Withers 2023

AlexT

Jeans have come a long ways since their invention, whoever started them. Ripped up, perfect condition, doesn’t really matter. Just please no fancy sewings  on the back pockets for guys, we ain’t that fancy. Plus, it looks like your wife/girlfriend/mom BeDazzled your clothes for you. 😂🤭 My choice nowadays are Duluth Trading Post jeans that are a little stretchy and have the crotch gusset….very comfy bending with an ostomy. 👍

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,278 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe
Reply to AlexT

Alex….crotch gusset - a new sewing term for me but then I am no seamstress - thanks for this piece of knowledge 

Bill…..I am not a cyclist either but I have heard of a crotch rocket - seems there could be a poem here….🤔

Bill
Reply to Justbreathe

Hello JB.
Thanks for the thought about a possible subject for a poem. However, someone once told me that to be a writer, it helps if we know what it is we are writing about. In this case I have absolutely no idea what either term referring to the crotch in jeans means.
My education is obviously sadly lacking!
Best wishes

Bill 

AlexT
Reply to Bill

Simply put, there’s an extra flap of material in the crotch so things 🍌🎾🎾(best emojis I could come up with🤷‍♂️) don’t  get bound up when moving around and something gets pinched. 😬😁

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Justbreathe
Reply to Bill

Hey Bill….not to worry - your education is totally in tune.  American slang both old and new is ALWAYS a challenge-

and England’s slang is a challenge for us in the U.S. - my grandpa from England used to tell us kids “mind the machines”….we had no idea what he was talking about 🤔

Mysterious Mose

Time was (oh so long ago), Americans could be easily spotted in the UK due to the wearing of denim jeans. I assume that is no longer the case? Am going to be in London next week and don't really want to stand out as a boorish American. 😃

Daniel