Nocturnal visits to the Loo

Replies
Views
warrior

Most of us do this.

That nightly visit to release the contents of our bags..Sometimes taking several trips. In the dark.

Those visits in the night could increase  the likelihood of falling or injury like a smashed toe.

Ouch.

I purchased these USB rechargable cabinet lights strategically  placed between the bedroom and bath.

Motion sensor activates it for 20 seconds. Enough time not to wake yur partner and get into bathroom to close door.

Neat idea. 12 inches in length. The light also can be adjusted in different hues.. white..cream..soft white..

20 bucks for a single. 40 for a pair with charger. Home Depot. not Lowes.

If you have power outages these things are magnetic with a separate mounting plate and really help in that situation.

I also place them in  dark closets ..( where Bob hangs out on weekends) 

Small price to pay considering the benefits.

Thoughts?

w30bob

Me thinks you mean 'nocturnal'.......but who's counting?  

Might want to invest in a pair of those padded slippers for those Flintstone feet of yours.

;O)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,485 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior
Reply to w30bob

says the dick- tionary man when spell check fails..

yabba dadda dooo!

IGGIE

G-Day Warrier,

Try a company from China called "TEMU", them lights are half that price  and delivered free. They have bucket loads of stuff. Give it a go. Regards IGGIE

warrior
Reply to IGGIE

Hi Iggie..!yeah that company you're talking about ?  have you ever used them ?? don't!!   I have it on good authority that this place you mentioned will take your information and sell it and  it's a bad company .it has a bad rep.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Bill

Hello Warrior.
Yes, I think these lights are a great idea.
Many years ago, when my mother was suffering from dementia, she couldn't remember where the toilet was at nights. I fixed one of these lights up by the toilet door so that when she came out of her bedroom the light went on and attracted her attention to it. There were no more problems finding the toilet after that.
Best wishes

Bill

bowsprit

Not all those visits are to empty the bag. Those striving to remain always hydrated may be some of the visitors. They say a sign of diabetes is a frequent urge to empty the bladder. I don't need those lights. I have a weak red light glowing in my room, soothing and perhaps sexy as well!

warrior
Reply to bowsprit

good point. a little misplaced.

for whatever reason you do go to bathroom, you could run..walk..skip to the loo my darling🎵🎶

Re: a weak red light?  why red?  red lights cause me to pull over.

i cant sleep with any light on. in some cases at night with a certain partner, that can either painful or  beneficial😉

AlexT

I bought simple little plug in LED night lights. Enough light to see where you’re going in the dark, turn on/off automatically, and only use about .25 of electricity per year. Obviously they don’t work in a power outage but how often does that really happen? 🤷‍♂️

bowsprit

Why red? Because red is the colour of love, not a stop sign. 'Roses are red, my love, violets are blue......' Anway, you will see a lot of red next month when St. Valentine makes his appearance. How about: ' Roses are red, violets are blue. The economy is bad, I bought nothing for you.'  Best wishes.

AlexT
Reply to bowsprit

Yep, they are red. I know someone that got some yesterday cause it was Monday. Spur of the moment and spontaneous, way more exciting…..

Jayne

Sounds like a good strategy Warrior ....

And if so stregically placed and only lighting for 20 secs I guess would not be intrusive withion the decor - especially at floor level.

I for one DO stub my small toes from time to time - and this is really challenging [bruses easily] - so :

A thumbs Up for Concept

and probably a thumbs up for non intrusive AND practical DOability.

Count one vote from the hills

BW

Jayne

Jayne
Reply to bowsprit

Red tones [flickering too] are also the red hew given off by the living flame - whether a log fire in the inglenook, or the camp fire in the hills , or the BBQ on the beach ..... Red is not always a stop light .....

although ... lol - forgive pleaase -  ..... has anyone noticed that the red brake [stop] lights on all cars [here in UK / Europe at least] are a universal red - yet there is a plethera of tone for all headlights and other front facing lights on vehicles ?  Only kidding ........

I conceed that generally RED within a home is a positive and warming colour

[even standby appliance lights that are often red - show readiness, and potntial ;-)

BW

Jayne

w30bob
Reply to AlexT

Sorry for the late 'Thank You' for the roses Alex..........they're beautiful.  We were all trying to figure out who sent them, but when I read the card and it said......."Our life is a constant journey. The landscape changes, the people change, but the train keeps moving. Life is the train, not the station."......I knew they were from you!  I hope your g-friend isn't the jealous type.......but if she is she can have them.  Just let me know.  Ya kind of cheaped out on the vase though.......I mean how long do you think a rolled cardboard paper towel tube with duct tape on the bottom........spray painted red.........is really gonna last?  

Toodles,

;O)

w30bob
Reply to warrior

Red light is easier on the eyes at night, so when you need to see in the dark, red is the way to go.  That's because the cones in the eye are sensitive to red, but the rods are not, so your eyes can adjust to red light much quicker.  Your eyes still need to adjust, but red has a much lower impact than white.  Red light also provides great contrast, and because the eyes can adjust to red much quicker than white light it also preserves your peripheral vision better too.  And it's why you'll find astronomers, police, miners, hunters and anyone else who works in the dark use red light.  Hmmmmm.......I see an investment opportunity here..........small red LED lights for porta-potties!  Let it be known I thought of it first!!!!

;O)

AlexT
Reply to w30bob

Lol

bowsprit
Reply to AlexT

Wow! I didn't know that red light had so many advantages for hunters even, but I would never use it for that activity. The poor animals have enough of a disadvantage against the stalking hunter. I just thought it looked pretty in the bedroom and cast a sinister shadow over it, scare a burglar entering the room as well if he can get past Vipor the German Shepherd. A question for the gentlemen on this forum. What colour of lipstick do they like on their female companion? Red? But there are different shades of red, you know. 

AlexT
Reply to bowsprit

Color of lipstick all depends on the person, their skin tone, attitude, overall look they have. 

warrior

Why don't you wait for Bobby to reply?? he's an expert on that stuff?? he's got all different brands all different shades and you know how he has a tendency to be long-winded.. so just wait on Bob to reply to that question..🤪

warrior
Reply to AlexT

Agreed.

Mysterious Mose
Reply to IGGIE

My wife uses Temu almost exclusively and swears by the deals. I am not quite as enthusiastic. I installed their app on my phone once and promptly deleted it when I was inundated with unwelcome notifications I could not get rid of. So, I let her look on Temu before I buy somewhere else. Some things are fine. but others seem to be factory seconds that fall apart too easily. So, caveat emptor...

Jayne
Reply to w30bob

Thank You Bob for this explanation of human perception and how the eye rod cones reacts to red without compromise to our periferral vision .... Most enlightening and helpful.

Now you come to mention this I do remember a little info in human bio and phychology .... shows some info is residual  -   ;0))

Are you medically trained Bob?

I find your posts a valued read

Thank you for your contributions

Oh, and BTW give my best to Bones - luv the profile pic .... particulalrly the positioning of your Companion :-))

BW

~ ~ ~ ~ waves from the Hills ~ ~ ~ ~

Jayne

warrior
Reply to AlexT

here in nj, we have black outs lasting hours to days , man.. .several times a year. no joke.

can't hurt having these lights..and candles around.  and nothing my friend,  beats a candle sexy wise,

any night of the week. 

warrior
Reply to w30bob

how about....i convince our family...bro...to invest in that padded cell waiting for you...🤔

with some red lights...and some 🌹🌹..