Upcoming Colonoscopy - Positive Vibes Please!

Replies
Views
DexieB

The big day is tomorrow.  I'm working until noon today - which is really HARD without coffee or food.  The weather had been beautiful here in MN all winter - until I came back to work that is.  It's been gloomy and winter again ever since, and my co-workers have been blaming me (naturally).  Today I told them that if the surgeon finds any polyps, sorry but it's going to be another 6 weeks of winter - so they better send good vibes my way :)  If I get the all clear, it will be Spring weather Monday!  LOL I wish I had such power...

Morning glory

Wishing the very  best.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,533 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Jayne

Dexie,

WIshing you all the best for your intervention tomorrow.

Be careful what you wish for - it would be a very heavy responsibily to have a 'direct line' for weather contril ... Wouldn't it? lol

Sending hugs

Will be thinking of you tomorrow - Are you on the morning or afternoon surgical list?

Jayne

x

DexieB
Reply to Jayne

10:30 am.  I have to be there an hour early, and it’s an hour drive from home.  Thanks for the positive energy ❤️‍🩹

Jayne
Reply to DexieB

KK Will keep you in mind from early tomorrow morning ....

Once you are 'underway' - You will be 'into it' and this [in my experience] helps .....

Wishing you a good drive in and gown up and proceedure ....

HUg

• Positive focus
  • BEst of the BEst .....

And Ill not contct directly after Surgery ..... especially the ensuing days ..... for its the time when the GA wears off and the personal pain manenegement AFTER surgery which can be the most challenging.

I wish a smooth passage for you.

J

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
MoeMoe

DexieB, just wanna wish you good luck tomorrow. I’ve been praying for you and I’m sure all will be fine. May God’s holy hands bring you peace, comfort and positive results! Many blessings to you friend!! Let us know how it went. 

AlexT

Good luck tomorrow. Hope you don’t poop your pants in the meantime. 😁 when you’re done, you’ll be like…I stressed over this? 🤷‍♂️😁

Kas

Praying for a clean bill of health for you tomorrow!

DexieB

Hello, thanks for the love everyone!  It’s done!  

Yesterday was a miserable puke fest during prep again….i came to the realization that it was the Zofran (prescribed for nausea) that gave me a migraine during this prep and last one.  And migraines make me puke.  So I didn’t take anymore Zofran after my realization, and was able to finish the second half of the prep puke free …however, I woke up in the middle of my procedure today and was puking.  That was unpleasant, but I went right back under.  

Afterward the anesthesiologist asked me if I drank anything less than 2 hours before the procedure and I said no, because I really didn’t- it was actually 4 hours since I’d had a drink but I don’t think he believed me.  Oh well.  So my throat and chest hurt a little from coughing but I feel ok.  

Best news- nothing was found!  I was so scared going in but my surgeon listed all the things I’ve been through and said it is 100% normal to feel that way after everything.  He assured me he would be very careful and I would be fine.  No lesions or polyps were found.  My recent reconnection looks good with healthy mucosa.  No specimens were taken,  and I don't need a colonoscopy for 3 years,  Whooo hooo!   

I am so glad I’ll be able to enjoy my birthday this weekend 🌈.  Thanks everyone.  It means a lot ❤️‍🩹❤️❤️

DexieB
Reply to AlexT

Thanks AlexT, I didn’t poop my pants; however I did power puke while on the toilet so that was unfortunate. TMI, sorry.   And I did have to stop at 2 places to go the the bathroom on the long drive to the surgery center today …I wore a Depends just in case, because I did not want to poop on my new SUVs vented seats 😂

I’m so glad it’s over !   

Kas
Reply to DexieB

Wonderful news.  Congratulations. & Happy Birthday!!!

Morning glory
Reply to DexieB

Thank the Lord nothing was found. I hate you had such an ordeal with  the prep though. I want you to have a very  Happy Birthday.  

kittybou

💃we will do the happy dance for you! Happy early birthday!!! 🎉🎂

And many more!!!!!

eefyjig

Happy birthday this weekend, Dexie - lots to celebrate!🌷

Axl

Well look at you, the perfect outcome.

We knew you could do it, Go girl 👍

IGGIE

Great Great News, I told you you would be OK, the vibs really worked. Have a great Birthday you have deserved it. Regards IGGIE

MoeMoe

Fantastic news!! Well not the puking part LOL but thank God all is good! Yessss! 🙌🏽 

Happy birthday DexieB, lots to celebrate this year! 

Sunshine7

Nothing g to worry about. Going on 8 years with an osteomy. Had my first colonoscopy this year. I have no colon or large intestine though. They went through my stoma!!! Imagine that. No pain before or after. You go to sleep and wake up not knowing what happened. You'll be okay. Pics are pretty cool.

ron in mich

Hi Dexie thats some good news you got, now go out and kick up your heels for your birthday. 

Caz67
Reply to DexieB

Fantastic news Dexi, enjoy your weekend XX 

Differentclass
Reply to DexieB

Brilliant news Dexie. I’m so happy for you. Keep it up and go and have some fun without all the worry 😊x

Differentclass
Reply to Sunshine7

Here in the UK they don’t sedate you unless requested. I recently had polyps removed through stoma…..very fun….NOT! Had some gas and air and sung a few ABBA songs through the procedure. 

DexieB
Reply to Differentclass

Whaaaat?  That's horrible.  They use 'conscious sedation' here, at least all the colonoscopies I've had....but I never woke up during the others.  Not sure what happened this time - I think my body is just revolting because I've been "put under" 5 times within the past year!  I've had enough!!!  LOL.  Glad you got those polyps out though - and you're good for a while now!