Doxycycline antibiotic

Replies
Views
Amaryllis

I got a small dog bite so the GP has put me on doxycycline. I'm a bit worried about taking it with an ileostomy. Has anyone else taken it ok?

Hisbiscus

Yes I've taken it many times with my ileostomy. I have chronic bronchitis and sinus issues. It's one of the least to.cause C diff also. It may make your output more smelly. At least ot did mine but I just add a bit more M9 to the bag for that. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,577 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ben38

They might make your output looser they don't with me but they can...I would start taking them a.s.a.p. if it was myself dog bites can cause some really nasty infections and infection can get into your bone, can get very serious requiring surgery 

eefyjig

Just took a two pill Doxycycline blast after finding a tick on my head. Totally fine. Just watch yourself in the sun.

AlexT
Reply to eefyjig

Huh? It’s just a tick. 🐞(yes, I know that’s a lady bug but it’s the closest emoji I had) 

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Beachboy
Reply to eefyjig

That would really tick me off !

eefyjig
Reply to Beachboy

Wah wah 🎶😂