Extender Strips

Replies
Views
Boalsman
May 09, 2024 5:33 pm

Feedback on extender strips would be appreciated. 

xnine
May 09, 2024 7:28 pm

I have only used the Brava strips. Some times I put them on right away other times when the edge starts to lift on the flange. Make sure your skin is dry. Use them when swimming also.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

AlexT
May 09, 2024 9:18 pm

Irritate my skin like crazy. 

warrior
May 09, 2024 11:53 pm

The strips are blow out savers.  I used them everyday.  When yur barrier seal breaches, begins to leak, this strip prevents the spill.  Worth it. Plus a belt.  Nice combo. 

No skin issues. They are incredibly sticky. 

Axl
May 10, 2024 8:23 am

Brava strips, never had an issue, work fantastically. Permanent part of my routine, I like the extra security.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
DebinRI
May 10, 2024 9:25 am

I use either Brava or CeraPlus. I find them to be extremely useful. Especially when I mess up my bag when changing in a hurry. I think you will find them very helpful. 

ron in mich
May 10, 2024 11:46 am

Hi all with the warmer temps and more showers i use pink nexcare tape around the border of my wafer/baseplate.

warrior
May 10, 2024 3:15 pm
Reply to ron in mich

Hi Ron..How does that type or brand  differ from the c strips by Coloplast? Any advantage other than glowing in the dark pink?😄

Axl
May 10, 2024 11:36 pm
Reply to warrior

I used to use the tape before I discovered the Brava strips, I cut one in half and use one piece top and bottom to stop the appliance starting to peel away in the shower etc, just a security thing for me.

warrior
May 11, 2024 3:22 am
Reply to Axl

Cool..the c form on those brava strips are tight.. I think using a four corner flange u need 4 pieces. These are straight strips, correct?  Like masking tape?.

I'm still hooked on the pink color though Ron mentioned. .

Dats hot😄

Axl
May 11, 2024 8:49 am
Reply to warrior

Yes the nexcare/micropore is straight, like masking tape, my bag has a round base so one brava "C" cut n half, top and bottom is good for me.

ron in mich
May 11, 2024 12:28 pm
Reply to warrior

Hi Warrior i,ve never used anything but the nexcare tape so i dont have any idea how good/bad the coloplast strips are, plus i dont have to order it i just pick up a roll at walmart.

Stoma Boy
May 12, 2024 3:50 pm

I use the brava extenders.  The tape on the barrier would come off of my skin regularly so I use them regularly.  Also I.  switched to a Hollister barrier with no tape and use the extenders.  By switching to the tapeless barrier the overall diameter is much smaller.  I am in the pool a lot and the extenders discolor after I get out of the water but they hold fast. 

aTraveler
May 15, 2024 8:45 am

I have a square wafer with a tape boundary. The tape at the top of my wafer tends to come loose with any type of activity. To keep the tape on I use Brava Elastic Barrier Strips, Straight.

https://products.coloplast.us/coloplast/ostomy-care/brava/brava-tape/brava-elastic-tape/brava-elastic-barrier-strips--straight/