OBAMA CARE

Replies
Views
christiesdad
Ya know, I was one of the first to cuss Obama care.

But here lately some things have come thru for my wife and I and we are wondering where in the hell is this or that coming from? Benefits that we had applied for and were told that "your income is too high"
It seems like that every time we asked for help it was the same answer. "your income is too high"
But lately things have begun to come our way. I asked someone whon knows a lot more about it than I do and was told
that's Obama care kicking in"

So, maybe it is not such a bad thing.

I know the argument is about our grandkids having to pay for the benefits and our great, great grand kids having to pay. So what let'em pay. Hell I paid for the rest of them.
I had made up my mind that I was going to vote for any one who ran against Obama but I am now giving that some second thoughts. My needs are here and now not down the road. If he will give me the help I need, so be it I WILL VOTE FOR HIM.

Ok, so let the barbs begin
eddie
In all due respect, My Momma use to say "Be careful of what you pray for because you may get it" If you have a few months free time , You may want to read all the bill to see whats in it, Pun intended.....Think man the government will be controling your health , think about GSA and their spending and mocking of taxpayer's. Hospitals and Physicians here have a great incentive to provide quality care and to invest in Health Care Research. Its called money!!!! If someone works for the feds you get paid the same if your nice, a jerk , work hard or hardly work! Pretty difficult to get fired! Hey you knew someone would say it!
eddie
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

christiesdad
Eddy, 'of course you are right.

Even if I could get my hands on a copy of the bill I probably would not be able to understand it. And, believe me I have no great love for Obama. But I, just like so many others, am interested in what benefits me and my family. I was satisfied with the way that medicare was operating before. But if I can get more and better under this plan, bring it on.
For example, Social security was deducting around $100.00 per month from my S.S. check to pay for my medicare premium. Where do they get the right to deduct any thing from my S.S. check and as I understand it, it then is given to some insurance company. If the federal government cannot afford the cost, how the hell can an insurance company afford the costs?

At any rate I received a letter from S.S. saying that my state was now going to pay for my medicare premium. If that is a vote getter, then it worked. Don't try to tell me that anyone is going to say "no, no I would rather pay for my own medicare premium than forfiet my vote for a man like Obama.................Bull crap, you are going to take the freebie and run like hell and enjoy it.And vote for whoever gave it to you.
christiesdad
Reply number 2.
What really needs reforming is the welfare system. Where as, some, not all, women are walking baby factories. Why not? It is a good way to make a living. I imagine most of those women, almost always referred to as "single mom's" begin by really needing help in caring for and raising their child. But when they see how comfortable it is to make a living that way, by having babies, then a way of life is established, Welfare! Never see a woman with only one child on welfare.No, there is always a second, third, fourth and sometimes more children born to that "poor mother"
And you know what? They receive any benefit they apply for, because child support is not considered as income.
Stand behind one of them at the Pharmacy and see how much they pay for medications, Nada, zilch, nothing, no co-pay at all.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not picking on women.....it is just that women are relagated to be the ones responsibile for giving birth. That is their lot in life.

If they happen to be registered voters, guess who they are going to vote for?
eddie
Good points, George and I only had one child because that is all we thought we could afford and give a decent education. Not a problem for women like your talking about, their children get free food, shelter, clothing housing Medical care Education etc. Their mom wasn't crawling out of bet at 5:30 a.m. taking them to a sitter then spending 8 hours on their feet taking care of others etc. etc. Some times I think to myself your sooo stupid! working full time since high school paying for your own education, oh, I got started sorry!!!
a friend I hope
eddie

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
mild_mannered_super_hero
interesting concept, you and your needs are paramount, nothing is greater.

unfortunatly i live by a code of honor. under that code MANY things come BEFORE me.
i will list them for you in nbsp; nbsp;decending order of import.

1: my god

2: my country

3: my family

4: my kind
christiesdad
Excellent credo MMSH,

I concur completely. I have already honored those requiremens.and still do honor them.

I just think that the concept of others having to pay the tab for my needs, (maybe "needs" isn't the right word). is all political rehotoric. I have heard people with no kids, bitching about having to pay school taxes. "I don't even have kids in school" they cry. Thing is, it doesnt have to be your kids that the taxes you pay educate. It is just possible that one of those kids that you pay taxes for might come up with a cure for cancer. Good investment, huh?

(I do not refer to you personally MMSH, when I use the word "you" I mean that as a metaphor.

People have always paid taxes that they could not see any direct benefit for themselves. At's just the way it goes.
KennyT
So MMSH your God and your country come in front of your family?? Surely not because if they do you have some issues to process. Family comes in front of everything.
christiesdad
Not so Kenny,

MMSH is right on concerning his priorities.

God was the first. For He is the creator. Without Him, anything that is, would not be.

Country. That is where we all first reside.

Family. Is in the right spot on the agenda. Without the first two there would be no family.

Kind. (I may have mis-interpated this one) Is where it should be, for that insures the love and protection for the previous.

This order does not mean that one would, because of the order listed, value either one over the other.

Excuse me MMSH. I am not trying to put words in your mouth. I just simply agree very strongly with your concept.
christiesdad

Eddie,
Always a friend, (if you meant what I think you did)