Ileostomy and Whey Protein Shake: Experiences?

Replies
Views
rosebud621

Has anyone with an ileostomy tried whey in a shake for protein?

mooza

Um, no sorry Rosebudd. I thought instead of looking, I could at least reply. But while I'm here, what is it? Does it have good stuff in it? Or try salmon steaks. I think that's got protein. But really, no, I have no idea. Oops, bananas? Sorry, I was not one bit of help here. Sorry about that. xx MOOZA

Hope it's not called when - like when does this work!! Hope it helps you out, darls. xx

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Top 5 Collections
megalyman

I have had my file for 4 years and for the last several years I have drunk at least 1 whey shake a day without ever a problem. I use 1 cup of 2% milk and however many scoops of powder it calls for. Put it in a blender and drink. You can stir it to make fewer bubbles but that takes a bit longer.

nskeeter99

I'm like Megalyman. I've had mine for 4 years today. No issues with any of these powders.

butterfly48

I just started the shakes, but I use water instead of milk. I also use flax seed, chia seed,
l-carnitine, hemp powder, banana, etc. Anyways, I have lost 40 lbs and I feel so much better. I also take B-12 shots or B-12 pills plus a bunch of vitamins. I take aloe vera in my shakes and put peanut butter in it too. That's what I eat for breakfast and sometimes for dinner. When I eat a lot of food, I have so many problems that I have to take a morphine pill to slow down the flow. I have had an ileo for 1 1/2 years. My shake has whey in it with a whole bunch of amino acids. It is called Dymatized Elite Gourmet. It has no sugar in it and tastes really good. - Butterfly 48

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
guitarcollector

I drink one almost daily. I use Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrobuilder. I mix it with 4oz water and 8oz orange juice and add 1 cup frozen mixed fruit. I drink it after my morning workout. Great way to start the day. I've had my ileostomy since 1971 (I was 17) and even competed in a bodybuilding contest in 2006 at 50 years old. Go for it!