Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Ya think?

Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:23 pm
This is a great community. Consider joining.
How honest should honesty be ?
I am honest over my bag-if asked, if not I shtay schtum.
I don't advertise the fact & I do disguise THAT particular fact
But there are people on here who decide that it is their Duty to flash the bag.
That's some honesty I can manage without
These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:00 pm
Bonjour Monsieur.  I agree with you completely on that subject.  I think sometimes, some folks confuse being honest with imposing their thoughts and expecting unconditional approval.  Though an ostomy might be the best thing to happen to someone, their disclosure might just be too much information for some others.  We don’t need to share everything and certainly can’t expect others to feel the same as we do. You know, unless they’ve walked in our shoes, we can’t expect true understanding.  
Merci beaucoup,
Mike
Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:55 pm
True Mike,
We are all individuals & we all deal with our own problems in our own way.
If we can tell people of our experiences and they can make use of that, then we have done one little thing with our lives.
And somebody may buy us a drink one day !
Sun May 04, 2014 2:08 am

I think I not only can offer a belly shot but you can drink a whole 1/2 pint of jack......(battle scars and a bag)

for real ......................i have more personallity than most people with ALL their body parts!

Sun May 04, 2014 5:33 pm

Salute, moonshine!  Cheers, nazdrowie and here's to ya'.

Mike

Mon May 26, 2014 3:00 pm

..sounds like a rip-off to the main theme of MacBeth..."nothing is, but what is not..."

Mon May 26, 2014 3:38 pm

I realize this topic is suppose to be floating around in oblivion, but the whole read reminds of days-gone-by when the forum I belonged to sat around smoking thought-provoking medicinal herbs discussing such topics for hours on end while listening to epic music.  

Of course, we didn't know what forums were then or that we were smoking medicine.  tongue-out   That's a past I would not mind revisiting.

Thanks for the memories !

Thu May 29, 2014 3:23 pm

Hey righty, thanks for jumping in.  We have a couple experts on Shakespeare’s stuff right here on this very forum.  Primeboy and Xerxes come to mind and sadly, they’ve both been quiet recently.  Hopefully your post might stimulate a reply.

Zywie, I think I might have been too old for the medicinal herb induced discussions.  Our philosophical discoveries were influenced by Christian Brothers or Seagrams and beer.  We almost never knew what we were doing and enjoyed most of it until later.  I’m thankful that Coke and “H” weren’t available back then because I know we would’ve used them.  My buddies and I reached our lifetime quota of booze by the time we reached thirty.

Thanks for the reminder,

Mike

Fri May 30, 2014 1:05 am
iMacG5 wrote:

Hey righty, thanks for jumping in.  We have a couple experts on Shakespeare’s stuff right here on this very forum.  Primeboy and Xerxes come to mind and sadly, they’ve both been quiet recently.  Hopefully your post might stimulate a reply. Mike.

I promise to make more noise soon. After all, it's Friday night.

PB

Fri May 30, 2014 5:58 pm

So good to hear from you PB.  Once again you put things in proper perspective. Looking forward to your "noise".

Mike

Fri May 30, 2014 7:56 pm

I laughed loud and long at your reply, Mike.  Thanks !!!!  It hurt my belly but was worth it.  :)  

I can't say we remembered everything, if anything, either.  I only remember we all thought we were very profound during the evenings festivities.  

You are so very welcome for the reminder.  Good times.

Sat May 31, 2014 1:48 am
Zywie wrote:

I realize this topic is suppose to be floating around in oblivion, but the whole read reminds of days-gone-by when the forum I belonged to sat around smoking thought-provoking medicinal herbs discussing such topics for hours on end while listening to epic music.  

I think there was a time in many people's lives when friendships were extraordinary and forever, when philosophical subjects were great material for friendly bull sessions, when issues rose to the level of life and death, when committment to idealistic positions was pretty intense, and we felt a wonderful unity of purpose often augumented by cheap whiskey. Somewhere a popular movie came along about kids experiencing the same things in their own world. "Stand By Me" became a huge Stephen King hit and marvelously captured a few moments of this passage into adulthood. I suspect that at this late date some of us would like to return to those fora and see if we want to make that idealistic commitment today. Maybe we could listen to some words of Tennyson which might get us started:

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho' We are not now that strength which in old days Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.     Ya Think?      PB

Last edited by Primeboy on Sat May 31, 2014 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sat May 31, 2014 2:53 pm

Never stop laughing and sharing Zywie.  

Then there are the truly profound thoughts contributed to this forum.   In no particular order, Sheakspeare, Primeboy, Tennyson and the late Guttenberg come to mind. 

Mike

Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:15 am

Thanks Mike.  Tryin to keep a "stiff upper lip".  Some days are hard, then I just go to sleep and wait 'til tomorrow.  As one of my heroine's said when things were bad: I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.

PB - Love the Tennyson quote.  Going to do some handy-dandy artwork with it and hange on my wall where I see it every day.   Thanks! 

Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Along with the Tennyson stuff, Primeboy wrote:  "I am almost there because I have accumulated obligations but not for long."  I had to read Lord Alford's stuff three times to understand it.  It's beautiful and I truly appreciate it.  I also appreciate just about everything PB offers but I read this one line about twenty times and I'm still not sure I got it.  Maybe it's because I'm at this late date where things don't always make sense. 

Zywie, I love your attitude and thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Mike

Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi Mike. Not a problem.  In my case I posted the comment at a very late hour when things don't always make sense either. Although I retired 9 years ago, I still have a few business related obligations which will happily be completed within the coming year. I am "not that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven" and I look forward to other commitments of my time and energy.

PB

Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:29 pm

Thanks PB, I feel way better now.  I used so much energy attempting to focus my verbal microscope and totally missed your point.  I look forward to your future offerings.

Stay well,

Mike

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.