Feel Depressed

Replies
Views
pammer

I don't know what has gotten into me, but the last two days I have been quite down. Feeling very alone.

Bill
Hello pammer.  

It is not unusual after surgery for emotions to be all over the place. Just as it takes time to convalesce physically, it also takes time for the mind and soul to adjust.  Thinking positively is a skill and like most other skills - it needs regular practice to be effective. However, it sometimes helps with depression to find a positive distraction as most minds have difficulty focussing on more than one thing at a time.

Best wishes  Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mrs.A
Hi Pammer,

You are not alone, we all have our days feeling down about all sorts of things. I think Bill has a good idea, sometimes a distraction from our problems is a nice chance to refocus on other things that make your life worthwhile. Try to take it easy on yourself, keep asking questions and looking for solutions, try not to make your situation the center of your concerns. Think ahead to when you are past all of the bumps in the road. You are still new in all of this and the time will come when things will get better.
spade
Hi Pam,

Haven't been on site for a bit, but was on today and saw your note. Bill is right, distractions help keep us busy as much as we can!!! I find that I also get depressed at times and this was never me before. But after 6 months and 3 major surgeries, 6 minor ones, then nerve damage from meds, and they also destroyed my tendons in my ankle and foot. Now I wear a brace.
I try and look at it this way, I deserve to get depressed every now and then. Most people could not go through what we have gone through and not get depressed. Don't be hard on yourself, it will pass. But do keep busy! This is a wonderful site, and there are good people here who will help. No one really knows what we go through but us! They really should have situations like ours out there, but they don't. You hang in there!!! Spade
pammer

Thank you for your kind words. Today is a very hard day but I must keep going forward. Pammer,

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister