CardinalHealth Adhesive Remover Wipes: Sting-Free and Alcohol Content?

Replies
Views
sooziq
Nov 05, 2016 12:07 am

Anyone ever try CardinalHealth adhesive remover wipes? Are they sting-free? Box I just got says alcohol in them?

Thanks

Sooziq

October Born
Nov 06, 2016 1:45 am

Hi Sooziq,

If one of the ingredients is alcohol, they are not sting-free. I learned this the hard way, and holy crap, it does sting. I always look for products that specifically say "no sting," which takes a little more searching but is well worth it. Hope this helps.

Darlene

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

sooziq
Nov 06, 2016 2:23 am

Darlene

Thanks. Has alcohol, so I should be careful of any broken skin -- the supply company just picked one and sent it. I did not have a choice in it, just Dr ordered it.

October Born
Nov 06, 2016 2:38 am

Hey Sooziq,

I ran into the same problem. Call the insurance company, see who is in network and call them. The woman I talked to made all the suggestions of the products I should order. Everything I received was not sting-free, which I need because of sensitive skin. Lesson learned. Order everything for myself online now. I wish they would train the customer service representatives to consider this issue in a new osteomate. Wishing you no stinging! :)

Darlene

Larrryt
Nov 06, 2016 3:48 am

Not sting-free, lots of alcohol.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
texazgal
Nov 09, 2016 6:51 pm

Safe and Simple wipes are what I use. They are premoistened like baby wipes but designed without any oils to interfere with adhesion.