Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

I BADLY NEED Y'ALL'S OPINION...HELP

Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:30 am
This is a great community. Consider joining.
HI txgirl

I am aware of your problem and I know how difficult it will be for your family as you see yourself not to be the same person anymore.
It is the time for you to realize that life is not ment to be perfect and  every one suffer in different way regardless of beeing wealthy or poor.
We need to come to our senses and understand that life is a gift and the predicament is the way we are tested for as it is vary in every one's life.
We came to this world without our permission and we leave it some times that we don't know, but having the faith is the only way to get mental happiness, as we all know the material world is in constant change and we are possessing  material to present our existance.
We should know that the creation is perfect and is magnificent in it's presentation and colour, but all are contributer of existance of life and became consumed for the next gerneration to manifest it self.
All illnes and desease are not part of indivdual creation but it is the environmental effect and got nothing to do with the creation but obeying the law of exictance.
So even in desease there are knowledge involved for human to find out and protect the future generation as our ancestor did.
Your purpose is to enjoy life with your family and leave  beautiful memory and make sure your chillderen have good life.
I will bring you a good news very soon and I will promiss you that you and others will be free of this condition and will continue a normal life, as I have develope a devise which gives you full freedom in your life without having any problem with you illness.

My love to your family
good luck and bleive that help will arrive in  a very near future,  

saied
These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:40 am

Gus wrote:
tell me where Tx i might go harrass them. Am so glad your feelin better,, and a saying i love,, its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog. Stay strong now

Gus, dude, I love that saying about the fight in the dog!  Do you mind if I pirate this quote?  Smile  tee heee heeee

Sharon
Gus
Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:18 pm
Pirate away fmf its a freebie. hm pirates,,, hmmm,,,wenches ,,, hmm this sounds like fun hehehe
Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:27 pm

Gus wrote:
Pirate away fmf its a freebie. hm pirates,,, hmmm,,,wenches ,,, hmm this sounds like fun hehehe

Ah man!!!!!!   Not only will I pirate the quote, I think I'll take it as my own!!  YEA!!!!!  The wench has won!!!   tee heee heee  Smile
Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:17 pm
Hi TX,
            I am sorry that things are alittle crazy for you but unfortunatlly we all go through something like that after the surgery. Some of us go through it in different ways. I have asked alot of questions to doctors, nurses, surgeons, ect... and my thought is what you are going through is your subcontious letting out your inner pain and dealing with the situation.. I know I am very new here on this sight but when I found people going through kinda the same thing I am going through I felt a sigh of relief, knowing that  I have alot of support from many different Good people willing to help anyway they can. Your not alone and your situation will get better.
Past Member
Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Txgirl wrote:
Thank you all for the wonderful words of encouragement. It means the world to me.

I am wondering if maybe I am just now starting to realize and deal with my situation.
Since the shock of having an ostomy after my "routine" hysterectomy, which by the way in the surgeon's note, "went well with NO COMPLICATIONS"....lol...all I had to focus on was the PHYSICAL pain of all of the surgeries; now that has subsided a bit, I have begun to recognize my emotional pain...? who knows, maybe I'm smart enough and I don't need that shrink after all. lol

Thanks again guys...Much love n' hugs...Hannah

Hi Txgirl.. i just read through all of these posts,.. and if you don't mind,.. i'll offer up an opinion of my own as well,..i'm thinking that maybe part of the problem is also with possible medications that you may have been, or are on... a lot of it could simply be physiological... withdrawal from painkillers had a PROFOUND effect on my emotional state of mind, as well as the prednisone i'd been taking for years... add to that the emotional stress of having a very different body image post-surgery, and then having to deal with the apliance itself and it's  no wonder we all seem to get depressed to varying degrees. Please don't think there's anything wrong with your reaction,... even if it did seem a little delayed... you're perfectly normal... and you've got LOTS of help right here on this site any time you need it
Rick
!--Session data--
Gus
Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:48 am

facingmyfears wrote:

Ah man!!!!!!   Not only will I pirate the quote, I think I'll take it as my own!!  YEA!!!!!  The wench has won!!!   tee heee heee  Smile

Gus swings across and sweeps FnF up and away taking his quote with him, hehehe

Is this gettin off topic???
Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:25 pm
THis site will be a lifesaver I think. I, too, feel a bit 'crapped' on (P the Pun) after the hyst. and then peritonitis. Are you a person of Faith. I am trying to pull out all my prayer pals to keep me sane...hopeful...etc. I find myself each day fearing the 'whats next' deal.
Nice to have you to relate to. Hang in there and we'll get through this.
Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:47 am
*sigh*..lmao..that'spretty much all i can say . lol Smile

ANYWAY....thanks for the nice thoughts and ideas.

I still have the appointment with the shrink, I feel it is the best thing for me, personally.
I had a Dr appointment yesterday with the guy who did my colostomy. Spoke to him about it and he said, "Hannah, your whole life has been turned upsidedown. It has been a bad ride for you and I would think seeing someone to talk to is going to help temendously."
I told me Mom, she thinks it's a good idea. ( i thinkshe thought at forst, people who see a shrink are on the verge of suicide, lmao, she knows now that is not true Smile  )   My sister agrees and thinks it will be good for me as well.

As far as Saied, thanks for the attempt at compassion, or marketing ploy, haven't figured that one out yet......  but I do have to say that, and I am sure it wasn't meant to sound this way ....but... and I quote,  ""It is the time for you to realize that life is not ment to be perfect and  every one suffer in different way regardless of beeing wealthy or poor."" ....well, I certainly understand life isn't meant to be perfect. I, COMPLETLY understand that. I understood that when I was held with a gun to my temple, when the bank I worked at was robbed. I understood that when my Dad died, I understood that the many times I worried about my kids being in the Military and being away serving their country...just because life "isn't meant to be perfect", does not mean that when horrible things happen to people, we don't react. It doesn't mean we don't grieve. I certainly understood life wasn't perfect when all this trauma happended to my body and I woke up with my little stinky friend on my side. I don't and I am pretty sure no one else here needs a speech on how I NEED TO REALIZE LIFE ISN'T PERFECT....lmao.....I bet if you asked any person on here, they would probably say, "NO shi* Sherlock!"

I don't mean to sound like a mean old cow, but I am tired of keeping my mouth shut when something upsets me or I disagree with what someone says. ( Wow, the shrink will like this new assertiveness, huh)

We all have continued physical and or emotional issues to deal with regarding our individual life stories.
I don't think ANYONE has the right to come on and try to lecture or tell someone how they need to deal with their own personal trials. THAT'S why we get on here, to vent, ask advice, tell a joke or just say hi to friends we have made. So, I will just say exactly what I amthinking. If anyone reading my post feels the need to lecture and or try and markwt yor new product. Please don't waste your time because all you're going to do is piss me off.

P.S. Gus, if you are a pirate..why haven't we seen you weild your sword?  
Gus
Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:22 pm
Hmmm Tx wants me weilding my sword in public,, oh your wicked,, my sword is for private viewings and there was no way i was sliding between my teeth,, thats physically impossible lmao

Keep ya chin up Hannah your a true gem.xo
Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:17 pm
Hannah,

I love your spunk!!!!!   and I'm still laughing over '"NO shi* Sherlock!" and "mean old cow".  very very funny!!!!

I think our buddy Gus is all bark and no bite! Ha!

Hang in there sweet girl........Santa's coming next week Smile

Sharon
Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:15 pm
*WHEW* I feel world's better!!!!
OK how come my stuff keeps getting highlighted???

Gus, you is silly...I just have this to say...get yer sword outta yer mouth!! lmao

Sharon, I actually didn't even mean to fuss that much, the more I typed, the madder I got. lol......
Gus
Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:51 am

facingmyfears wrote:
Hannah,

I love your spunk!!!!!   and I'm still laughing over '"NO shi* Sherlock!" and "mean old cow".  very very funny!!!!

I think our buddy Gus is all bark and no bite! Ha!

Hang in there sweet girl........Santa's coming next week Smile

Sharon

OOOOOOH I see Sharon and Hannah are bein sassy,, If ya want me to bark i need incentive,, come on i dares ya,, and like I said Hannah thats is physically impossible. Oh and I,m glad ya feel better
Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:16 am
Dear TXgirl

I am sorry if I effended you and I totally thought that I might  calm you down by the spiritual words for reality.
I am not a pirate, I do not possess any company or bussiness, and I am not marketing any thing for any one. I am a health proffessional, suffering from a diseas plus helping others with the management of their Stoma as a part of my proffession.
So I am fully aware of all complications occures after stoma surgery and I have done an extensive research into manegment for this kind of physical condition.
All I want ot say is, as I promissed my friends to help them with their condition, I have developed a design which provides contenence and mechanically expell the faeses at the user's desirable time, no need for a bag and there is no odor or leak.
I thought this news might  put some smile on your face but apprently it did the opposit.
I do not konw you and I do not need any ones help, but  I am a compationat human being who responds to other's request for  HELP.

With regards
Saied
Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Txgirl wrote:
*WHEW* I feel world's better!!!!
OK how come my stuff keeps getting highlighted???

Gus, you is silly...I just have this to say...get yer sword outta yer mouth!! lmao

Sharon, I actually didn't even mean to fuss that much, the more I typed, the madder I got. lol......

Hannah, you are a hoot!  To turn off the(grey) highlighting, go to the top of your editor...you know where there are different buttons for Bold, Itailc and Underline?  Look to the left, a few buttons and you'll see a dropdown box for Text HiLight Color.  Click on the drop down arrow and choose white as the highlight color. Make sure that you have selected the naughty grey highlighted text before you apply the new 'white' highlight. Smile Let me know if you have any problems.... so funny to hear you think out loud and get angry at the highlighting!!!!

Your crazy friend Sharon Smile
Past Member
Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:03 pm
help...i`m highlighting...and i cant stop!!!!  lol...too funny...sorry i could not resist.......
Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:14 pm
Highlighting?  .....it's never happened to ME before!  I certainly don't have that problem!       Very Happy
Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:15 am
You see, we love yah Hannah! SmileSmile
Gus
Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:12 am
Hannahs a good egg lol in fact your all good eggs,, a little cracked but good lmao
Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:39 am
Speaking of cracked eggs, How's everything going Gus. Bet you're not up to your ass in snow like we are here. Really does wonders for the vocabulary. Still waiting to see a pix of you weilding your sword!
Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:45 am
DEAR HANNAH: by your posts you seem to be coming around nicely. Question, on a scale of 1 to 100 how much better do you feel since your first post, honestly now, we are all pulling for you, let us know, and dont forget keep up that sense of humor you've been blessed with. Ed
Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:20 pm

mild_mannered_super_hero wrote:
help...i`m highlighting...and i cant stop!!!!  lol...too funny...sorry i could not resist.......

oh you stinker!!!!   I'm laughing sooooo hard, tears are coming down my eyes!!!!  You know, there's a support group for people with your 'highlighting' disorder!  1 800 nohighlit!  Call now and get the help you need!!!   Intervention!  HA HA HA!!!!!!!  

I love you guys!
Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:23 pm

WOUNDED DOE wrote:
Highlighting?  .....it's never happened to ME before!  I certainly don't have that problem!       Very Happy

you too, wounded Doe?   you can join the 'highlighting' support group with MMSH!

Hannah, see what you started?

soooo funny!

Sharon
Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:25 pm

gutenberg wrote:
Speaking of cracked eggs, How's everything going Gus. Bet you're not up to your ass in snow like we are here. Really does wonders for the vocabulary. Still waiting to see a pix of you weilding your sword!

Like I said, Gus has a lot bark!!!!!!   I wonder if he barks like one of those yippee  fu fu dogs?  We luv ya Gus!
Gus
Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:50 pm

facingmyfears wrote:

Like I said, Gus has a lot bark!!!!!!   I wonder if he barks like one of those yippee  fu fu dogs?  We luv ya Gus!

I don't yip like a fufu dog but I will moan occassionally hehehe,, and besides whats not to love,, I,m a loveable guy
Gus
Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:50 pm
And Gutenberg mate I,m working on that sword pic
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Gus wrote:
And Gutenberg mate I,m working on that sword pic

Ooooh, I bet you are really Jack Sparrow in your spare time.......

Looking forward to that pic then aren't we girls?
Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 pm

lottagelady wrote:

Ooooh, I bet you are really Jack Sparrow in your spare time.......

Looking forward to that pic then aren't we girls?

you bet!  Smile
Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:19 pm
Yes we ARE looking forward to that pic! Smile  Come on Gus! Strike some poses for us!!  

....now I'm itchin' for a sword fight! Very Happy  I miss sword-fighting with someone....
Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:48 pm
lmao..y'all are rediculous!!  lol....now, I actually  TRIED to highlight and I don't know how!! lol

I am feeling better since my kids are here for Christmas. It's been nice.
Saw my doc and didn't get good news for the reversal. He said it was goinbg to be very very difficult to do.  He said my risk for complications and leaks are pretty high. So....what do I do with that bit of info? Well, what I have done is just decided to enjoy NOW and tey not to think of the future. lol  Denial, it works for me. lol

I got released to go back to work on the 4th of Jan for 4 and a half hr shifts for the 1st month. He told me to watch for increased pain around the stoma and constipation which i have all the time.

I have a question...is it normal to have so much pain around the surgical site of the stoma? (not the irritated skin but a large area around the stoma)
Also, is it normal to have constipation for several days and then have horrible, copious amounts of diahrreah?  what a nice Christmas topic, I know...lol

Loive and hugs and inappropiate touches, Hannah Banana
* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.