After surgery

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Valgal

I recently had surgery for colon cancer first surgery was fine up until three days later I needed emergency surgery from complications of first one .I am cancer free by the way ,yaaaa. Anyways my question is after surgery I've notice I sweat under my underarms now band smell real strong , deodorant doesn't even help .why is this and is this common or am I going thru something else I am 50yrs old since June 8th very glad to have seen my bday. Lol well can anyone help?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

DonBrown1943

First, a friendly word. Welcome to the forum! Second, another friendly but NOT condescending word. It may not be as bad as you think. My wife thinks her underarms smell really bad and I can't smell anything! Third, what she does about it. She has an allergy to artificial scents of any kind. Strange, but natural scents such as those found in essential oils don't affect her. So she wears antiperspirant instead of deodorant and occasionally puts a tiny drop of some oil such as Lavender, Peppermint, or Frankincense on her wrists. Our daughter is a dealer for Young Living essential oils and gives these to us, so I don't really know their cost, but they work. The ladies on this forum can probably help you more than I can but I wanted to tell you about my wife's approach because it might help you. Good luck!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate