Kidney infection

Replies
Views
Dean25190227

Hi, I have had bladder problems since birth, I have had so many operations to try and fix the problem. I had my bladder removed November last year. Since having my bladder removed I have had two kidney infections and having sepsis. Both times had to be admitted to southmead hospital and have to stay in for 1- 2 weeks. Does any one have the same problems and know what I can do to try and prevent them happening. I at my wits end please could some one be able to help me try and sort these infections happening. Thank you all

gracie in texas

I had my bladder removed in 2010. I have experienced infections. I try to not let my bag get too full by emptying often. I try to limit stress, and not get overtired and allowing the immune system to be overcome. I always use an overnight bag when lying down. If I feel an infection coming on, a slight fever, back pain, dizzy, I immediately begin an antibiotic and contact my dr. With no bladder these infections will not resolve by themselves. I hope this helps. Good luck to you.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,361 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Dean25190227

Hi

Thank you for your kind message, that has helped me a great deal. I am still trying to get to grips with my stoma, I had my bladder removed in November last year.

Since I have had my bladder out I have had ;pneumonia , then a kidney infection that led to sepsis, and now I am back in with sepsis again.

You have helped me a lot with what you have told me.

Thank you so much you are a diamond

Dean