Prostrate surgery or radiation

In this discussion
Replies
Views
ostomy71

Recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. I was looking into complete removal of my prostate but have scar tissue in the area from ileostomy and rectal resection done 47 years ago and then a revision done in 2013. My question :. Have any other males had this doneor even have had radiation to stop the prostate cancer? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

NJ Bain

ostomy71,

I've never had that done but they advertise cyber knife for prostate cancer all the time here on the east coast. Supposed to be very non invasive. Worth looking into I would say.

Bain

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Newbie Dana

I have heard they have been getting very good results from using micro-pellets of the radioactive material inserted next to the tumor. (I read about that somewhere.)

Dana

Immarsh

Hi, I'm dating aguy who had prostate cancer, and was treated successfully with radiaion.This is a question you should discuss with your doctor(s), as to which treatment is better for you.The desired outcome, is to be cancer free, with the least damage. My friend does have some ED issues, as a result of the treatment, but it' improved over time, and we manage.