Joining

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Joanna602

is the payment a one ;time thing or is it monthly??

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
Hi Joanne
Im new too so can't really say for sure, but Im guessing its a yearly fee. Can a newbie welcome another? Lol
Andrew
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Joanna602

Hi. Andrew. I wanted to pay the membership to open up the other options on the site but couldn't afford it if the payment is a monthly one. I can do a one time payment. Have you paid to be a member?

Joanna

Past Member

I haven't. I want to see how it goes first. I can't realky afford it either. I joined bc I am looking for support mostly. Its a major change in our lives and as with a lot of us quite a bit to handle.

Joanna602

I want to join to meet and talk to people that can relate to ME. and not have to explain a zillion times. Why and how it works. I have had my illieostomy since November 2006. I will have mine basically. Forever. BUT I live my life. Most people are shocked when I tell them I have one. Because. I live my life as if I don't have one. It doesn't slow me down. Only thing I choose not to do is wear a bikini.... Lord.... No one wants to see that. Lolol

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

I can relate to that. Im not sure how I will deal with the "general public" yet, but thankfully Im not known for being shy.

Bill

Hello Joanna.

I have no idea if payment is monthly or yearly as I have never joined anything. However, I do get free membership for posting regularly - which always amuses me because I haven't yet used or needed to use the benefits it gives. I often wonder if they would let me transfer this free membership to someone else (like newbies) who would get much more from the freebie than I do. Perhaps the administrators ought to consider giving free memebership for a period to anyone joining the sight for the first time. Alternatively, they could stress the point that if people post regularly, they could be one of those who get complementary free membership for a month.

You seem like the sort of person who has lived through the worst/first phase of living with a stoma and have come out determined to live a 'normal' life. You therefore probably have plenty to talk about in that regard as well as many other things that interest you.so if you corresponded with people on a regular daily basis (as people do on social media sites), then you would no-doubt get free membership.

I hope this helps

Best wishes

Bill