Remission : stopped your UC medication

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Just2cold

Has anyone stopped taking their UC medication, IV drip or self injection ?

To find that YOU have "gone into remission" from your GI doc? ;Your life as normal and you did not need it ?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

dadnabbit

Just2cold----YES YES YES YES YES. Especially in cases of UC, there are MANY incorrect diagnosis. I stopped infusions and was fine, because I believe I NEVER had UC, but instead had suffered a reaction to a particular drug prescribed by my dr for an unrelated infection. Then I went in for my annual colonoscopy where a gi dr forced a scope in the wrong direction and caused a blood clot in my leg. 2 days later I ended in the ER with a blue foot. Be your own ADVOCATE. I ended up being poisoned, lied about, lied to, had test results withheld from me, and lost three organs because a surgeon provided the means for me to be dosed via IV with meds I had refused orally for a disease I DID NOT have, which was in the pathology results he withheld. BELIEVING what the surgeon told me cost me a colon, ovary and gall bladder which, after all was said and done, NONE of those organs was in need of being removed. He had specifically withheld pathology that I would have used to rescind his surgical permission, had he been honest with me and shown it to me. Instead, he said I had pre cancerous cells, (there were none). The hemorrhaging and diarrhea were caused by those drugs given to me for something I did NOT have, given against my will and without my knowledge in a saline and TPN drip. Mine is an extraordinary example, but very real, and even though compensation is made, NOTHING will EVER convince me to step foot in a doctor's office or hospital again, because when you do you lose your freedom of choice to the BS they will argue as "standard of care". It took out of the box legal moves on my part to force their liability, malpractice is BS. There are MANY other legal means available. Unless you have someone who can be with you every day and who can insist on seeing lab results and test results when you cannot, you are at the mercy of the staff, who have their own issues, ideas, motives and attitudes. AND I HAVE YET TO MEET A SURGEON WHO DOES NOT BELIEVE HE IS GOD. ALWAYS be aware, and consider what YOU need and want. THEY ARE ONLY HIRED HELP.

Peace

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
ron in mich
Hi justtocold I was on humira and had to stop it due to side effects, I was put on it for crohns that was dx after having resection surgery of my ileostomy. I was originally dx with UC 35yrs. ago and had ileo. surgery back then.