Value

Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

We base our values on others, though these things can and do change.Money/Achievements/Success

Proving your importance: out performing (in your mind)

Condeming: How one looks and where one lives.

Critizing another to make yourself look good.

Wearing Gucci or Goodwill /Calvin Klein or Jockey your value is Still the same.

We ;feel devalued when sickness plague us.

Abuse

Neglect

Prejudice

Insecurities

All the above still don't change our value

Values come from parents, peers, television and external sources. In my opinion all people have values (similarities) basic needs, desires and dreams. That is I do!!!

Do you recognize your value?

Angelicamarie

Bill

Hello Angelicamarie. Thanks for another thought-provoking post, which encourages us to contemplate our value systems. I find it interesting to observe that many of the things you point out about our fellow human beings are everyday elements that are 'weaponised'  to use against others. This is a classic case of bullying, which some people have mastered to such a degree that they can use it in almost any aspect of their existence in relationships with others.

Sometimes these sorts of things are very difficult to recognise, let alone control and manage in societies where bullying has become synonymous with 'success'. When we, collectively,  vote bullies into prominent positions in our societies, and praising and rewarding those who use these techniques to gain power and influence, we can expect them to set the example for the rest of the population, who then, in turn,  try to emulate the bullying of people who appear to be 'successful'. 

I find it fascinating to observe that many Christians have opted to follow this type of example, rather than that set by their original spiritual leader, as this indicates just how powerful these influences are becoming.

Just a thought!

Best wishes

Bill     

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Angelicamarie

Bill... I am only qualified to represent myself and opinion. Thanks!

Xerxes

Angel,

A wonderful post. I agree, whatever your values are, they are instilled, that is, learned early on, taught to us by our parents. One's true values are not mutable and remain with us throughout our lives even though the conditions and circumstances around us might change. Unfortunately, some of us have values that are unsavory while othershave values that are stellar and impeccable.

X_

Angelicamarie

Xerxes.. Thanks for you comments.

Angelicamarie

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister