Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Roe v.Wade

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:37 pm
This is a great community. Consider joining.

I know this is a serious question but if you can not provide 100% qualty care for these babies I think it is wrong to bring them into this world. It does not matter how they were concieved. What happened to sex ed in schools, I know they are not all from teenageres, but what is going on. If there is not a safe way woman will die. What ever your belief someone is going to die.  I do not want to force my opion on anyone but if you do not have a real solution, that is it. That is all I have.

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:17 pm

So X, I respect your opinion and share a lot of your preferences relative to bringing babies into the world. My concerns are in reference to the hypocrisy practiced by so many in authority. The church takes busloads of folks to Washington to scream and yell about how wrong it is to terminate a pregnancy for whatever reason. How many of those group leaders where guilty of child molestation? According to them it’s a mortal sin to terminate a pregnancy but when it comes to the abuse and molestation of those innocent children, the devil made them do it.  

Just a bit of my thoughts on these subjects with respect,

Mike

Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:56 pm
iMacG5 wrote:

So X, I respect your opinion and share a lot of your preferences relative to bringing babies into the world. My concerns are in reference to the hypocrisy practiced by so many in authority. The church takes busloads of folks to Washington to scream and yell about how wrong it is to terminate a pregnancy for whatever reason. How many of those group leaders where guilty of child molestation? According to them it’s a mortal sin to terminate a pregnancy but when it comes to the abuse and molestation of those innocent children, the devil made them do it.  

Just a bit of my thoughts on these subjects with respect,

Mike

To X and Mike with respect,

I hail from a 85% religious community - I survived and boy, did I learn a lot - especially decades later when secrets were unleashed and movies were made. Because - people started to be unafraid of "the cloth."   But those "butterbox babies" did not survive. Some were found in my town. I am trying to decipher the hipocracy of religion and I do understand why churches have followers. Everyone wants to belong somewhere. Churches are the richest of corporations.

A good read is "Sapiens." The book surveys the history of humankind from the evolution of archaic human species in the Stone Age up to the twenty-first century, focusing on homo sapiens. It has intersting takes on the financial world as well.  It is one of my favourties and always seems to be on the best seller list. Have a good one.

Karen

Baw
Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:05 pm
kmedup wrote:

Opinions are as unique and different as people are so here is my take on this volitile subject.

If abortion is a sin, is contraception a sin as well?

Ahhhh religion and culture – the demise of our world. Cultures and religion have been fighting since the beginning of time. How’s that working so far? When you allow a bunch of old men to decide the fate of who I am as a woman, we sink back in to a patriarchal society.

Let the government deal with education, health, infrastructure, defense, VIRUSES, etc.

Babies and children are okay in cages – separated from their mothers – and executions are okay although they are both living beings. You can’t talk out of both sides of you know what. We call that self-righteous.

Not all people are religious therefore the government should govern for all people. Remember the time when rich society people had their daughter flown of the country – and not for a root canal. Just imagine.

Contraception in the form of "the pill" actually prevents conception therefore no life therefore no "sin".

Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:36 pm

Hi Karen and Baw.  Thank you so much for your thoughts and interpretations of others' perceptions.  This may not make you folks happy.  I have lots more to say on these matters but your comments deserve my full attention first.

With much appreciation,

Mike

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Hi Karen. I agree with a lot of your thoughts and feel encouraged byu you to think harder about some stuff I’ll never fully understand. For starters, I’m I guy and will never have feelings or decisions exactly like those of a lady. I can, however, empathize and attempt to put myself in another’s place. I think we’ll agree that the great majority of men are different from women; certainly not smarter, just different emotionally in addition to physically. How terrific is that for most of us?

You question if contraception is a sin. It’s a great question. Let’s just back up a bit and ask, “What is sin?” Who determines what’s a sin? Is that the bunch of old men you refer to?
Then, there’s God. Or is there? Some don’t believe there is. I do because I can’t understand a way we got here without some super powerful something. I mean no disrepect to Darwin, et al and I understand we might’ve evolved from the beginning but I wonder what was before the beginning. If I may back up a bit more, I’d like to address the possible sinfulness of contraception. If there is no God, who decides it’s a sin to experience physical pleasure? Then if there is God would He/She punish us for experiencing those gifts?

Your suggestion to let the government deal with VIRUSES must’ve been before our government’s attempt to deal with VIRUSES.

I feel it’s OK with so many white folks to keep babies and children in cages if those children are black or brown.

And what is religion? A bunch a rules and services to justify the collection of money? Maybe interpretations of the Bible? My thought is that book and its hundreds of variations can mean whatever we want it to.

Please forgive me; I might be losing it. I was baptized Roman Catholic, got my elementary education in a Catholic School, graduated from an all boys’ Catholic high school and was an Alter Boy until 16. I learned more about the religion thing than I ever want to share. Then, in junior college I really learned about Christianity and the difference between good and bad intentions and actions from an ex-seminarian philosophy instructor.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, Karen.

Mike

Last edited by iMacG5 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:21 pm

Hi Barbara. I respect your thoughts and thank you for sharing.
My grandaughter was 1 pound, 9 ounces at birth. She’s a high school freshman now at the top of her class and active in sports and music. We feel she’s as near perfect as we could ever have wished for and we’re all blessed by this miracle. The doctors, nurses and other staff folks used their God given abilities to accomplish that miracle.Your impression of the statistics might be way different from mine but so what.
I believe God has something to do with everything, just not as much as we think He/She does. God gave us intellects and free will to develop skills and abilities to do all kinds of wonderful things for ourselves and others. God has the whole universe to tend to and doesn’t need to get involved in our everyday stuff. Perhaps we shouldn’t impose so much but use the tools we’re give and offer thanks.
Respectfully,
Mike

Baw
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:58 pm
iMacG5 wrote:

Hi Barbara. I respect your thoughts and thank you for sharing.
My grandaughter was 1 pound, 9 ounces at birth. She’s a high school freshman now at the top of her class and active in sports and music. We feel she’s as near perfect as we could ever have wished for and we’re all blessed by this miracle. The doctors, nurses and other staff folks used their God given abilities to accomplish that miracle.Your impression of the statistics might be way different from mine but so what.
I believe God has something to do with everything, just not as much as we think He/She does. God gave us intellects and free will to develop skills and abilities to do all kinds of wonderful things for ourselves and others. God has the whole universe to tend to and doesn’t need to get involved in our everyday stuff. Perhaps we shouldn’t impose so much but use the tools we’re give and offer thanks.
Respectfully,
Mike

Hi, Mike.  Some of this reminds me of an old joke.......I have seen god and she's black!

Barbara

Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:11 am
Baw wrote:

Hi, Mike.  Some of this reminds me of an old joke.......I have seen god and she's black!

Barbara

Hey Barbara, you sure that was a joke?

Mike

Baw
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:05 am

iMacG5 wrote:

Hey Barbara, you sure that was a joke?

Mike

LOL!  Barbara

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.