Need a partnet beside me

In this discussion
Replies
Views
benisthebest

Hi guys.

Is it hard to find a partner if u r an ostomate?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,107 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

scpoolboy

Unfortunately, yes

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

No had my ostomy 30 years it's never caused any problems with partners, they were usually a bit worried at first thinking they would hurt my stomach/stoma and say I wont jump up and down on your stomach my answer was always 'you better jump up and down!!!'always remember you have the ostomy so your the expert make them feel comfortable and relaxed about it and know that it doesn't stop you or get in the way of doing anything

Hermit

I don't tell them unless there is chemistry! Haven't had any problems!

w30bob

Hi Ben,

No, it's just hard to find a partner period. Having an ostomy just reduces the already small pool of possible partners by a little bit more. For questions like this I always reverse things up to find the answer. So I would simply ask myself........if I found someone I thought I ;really wanted to have a relationship with would I pause or discontinue seeing that person if I found out she had an ostomy. For me that answer is no, but for some folks who ;don't have an ostomy, or understand all that goes with it, it could be a yes. Truly depends on the individual. Looked at another way..........it doesn't make you MORE desireable if you have an ostomy........but best case (in the eyes of the right person) it doesn't detract either.

regards,

bob

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
benisthebest

Hi bob and the nice other people that replied to my coments.

Its very sad