Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,340 members

Pictures

Posted by xnine, on Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:48 pm

I can not seem to post pictures on my tablet to this site. It says to use control V. I do not have a control key. Am I missing something.

Reply by w30bob, on Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:00 pm

xnine,

Oh you're missing something all right..........but let's not go there.  (kidding)  So when you try to post a pic you don't see the "insert" and "upload" buttons on the top of the reply box?  That's weird.  I'm on my tablet now and I see them, same as in a desktop application.  One thing to try is to hit the little 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner (to the far right of the address bar). Then towards the bottom of the list that pops up hit "Desktop Site".  If you're using an App instead of a desktop it will switch it to the desktop, which should look more familiar.  Other than that it's way above my pay grade.  Maybe those fine folks in Admin can help......love you guys!!!

later,

bob

Reply by xnine, on Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:52 pm

The Insert and Upload buttons do not work for me. I got the message to use Control V.

Reply by xnine, on Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:55 pm

Three dots do not show on my tablet

Reply by soulscope, on Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:59 am
xnine wrote:

Three dots do not show on my tablet

Control key is usually on the bottom left of the keyboard, mine has got "Ctrl" written on it.

Control V means hold the Control key down and press the V key.   

Control V means Paste,   Control C means Copy.

If you highlight a photo usually then you can Control C it (copy), then put the cursor (pointer) where you want to put the photo you just copied, and press Control V (paste).

It should paste the photo you Copied (Control C) to where the cursor is when you pressed Control V (paste).

Easier done than said.

Reply by xnine, on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:08 am

No Control key on my IPad.

Reply by w30bob, on Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:02 pm

Xnine,

Ipad?  Well there you have it......you had to go and be different.  Now look at the trouble its got you in.  Seriously, my Mom has an Apple computer and I can't figure out how to do anything on it.  Sorry dude, but I can't hep you with this one.  But seeing as I can't just leave you hanging...........here's what Google says to do..........sounds very similar to what I do on my Andriod tablet.

How to Select, Copy, and Paste Text on the iPad;

Press and hold over the text you want to copy. After around 2 seconds a magnified view appears and the word it intends to select is highlighted in blue.
Move the magnifier around until it highlights the word you want, then let go.
Tap the Copy button that appears above the selected text

regards,

bob

Reply by xnine, on Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Ok I just tried that with a pic and I get this ‘Please use Ctrl+V/Cmd+V keyboard shortcuts to paste contents’, which I could copy and paste from that screen.

Trying to post a pic I have on here (meetanostomate) to the forum. It just will not let me do it.

Reply by iMacG5, on Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:42 pm

Hey Xnine, if you have the photo on your iPad, where is it?  It should be in "photos".  When you find it you should have the option "Share".  Tap "Share" and send the photo wherever you want to.

We're waiting.

Mike

Reply by w30bob, on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Xnine,

There you go...........if a guy with the username iMacG5 can't help you...........nobody can.  With all this build-up that better be one heck of a pic!!!!

;O)

bob 

Reply by xnine, on Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:12 am

I will just do it from my computer and not the IPad.

Reply by soulscope, on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:07 am
xnine wrote:

I think on Apple computers its call a "Command" key, it does the same as the Control Key, check it out, do the same with that key

Reply by iMacG5, on Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:28 pm
xnine wrote:

Still waiting........................

Mike

Reply by xnine, on Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:41 pm

It is the cookie pic I posted

iMacG5 wrote:
xnine wrote:

Still waiting........................

Mike

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.