Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate
The Largest Online Ostomy Community
with 16,286 Members
Watch MeetAnOstoMate Video
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
  Past Member
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:04 am
Hello
I had a stoma for about 10 months as I lost 2/3 of my bowel due to an accident.
I had the reversal op about a month ago. I have abdominal pain/discomfort almost like muscular pain and a distended stomach.
Will this subside?
Many thanks
Caroline
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:51 am
Dont realy know much about your kind of ostomy because i still have all my bowel and everything is still conected. But i did have a lot of soreness around my stoma and i also used to get stomach cramps for the first few months. I was told that it was just my body getting used to the ostomy. Whatever the problem is i hope it gets easyer for you soon. JNK
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:32 pm
you still are post op takes a little while for swelling and just rember to go slow lots of people said the had pains for couple months after thier reversals so its a time thing good on healing and retraining your bottom again
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:35 pm
anyone one had there stoma relocated
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:24 am

airforce1 wrote:

..... not yet, but it is looking likely unfortunately!
Rach xx
  Past Member
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:06 am
Thank you
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:39 am

airforce1 wrote:

Yes I had mine moved from the right side to the left. It's left a scar that go's in like a slot, (about 1/2 inch deep &  3 inchs long)  I might need mine relocated  again soon, I think it will cause some problems with getting bags to stay on.
  Past Member
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:08 pm
Hi - I lost a lot of my bowel due to adhesions from an apendectomy forming and strangling it. Had an ileostomy for 3 months and then it was reversed May 11. I have been through some of what you are speaking of, and find diet is key. Too much fiber and everything seems to rush through. With less large intestine, it is likely there will now always be an easier tendency towards loose bowels but so far I find it manageable.
hope this helps!
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:18 pm
Have to be there at 11am dont think i will remembermuch of today i will post a update when i get home thanks for the replys
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:23 am
Hi,
I had my stoma revrsal 6th July & cannot believe after nearly 2 wks how rubbish I feel, the pain, bloating & not leaving the house - I never thought that it would be as bad as this. I am trying to be positive & people keep saying it's only early days  but it's the not knowing if this is ever going to end & will I ever get back to 'normal' life ?
I am not asking for the world, just to be able to enjoy family life, be able to stand & walk without constant pain & stop worrying ! Any words of wisdom would be greatly received -thanks
  Past Member
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:02 am
Hi, yes that is exactly how I feel. I feel as though i've been kicked in the tummy.

I have been having the wound dressed at a local surgery and the practise nurse has made an appointment with my doctor as he is a surgeon too and will ring the hospital if he is worried.

I have not been offered a post op appointment so unsure if it's normal to get these feelings and also how long I should expect the pain. Seems very odd not to get a post op appointment as it was a big operation and my op was not a usual one because of my injuries.

I'm quite sporty and really unsure of when I can safely resume exercise or will want to. Not knowing is leaving me feeling a bit lost at the moment!
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:00 am
Hi Caroline,
How long is it since u had ur reversal ?
I've had my staples out 2day (had my right ovary removed at the same time as my reversal so I have 2 francinstein wounds), feel a little better for having the staples out.
Are you able to get out & about, my surgeon said that I could drive when I am ready but at this moment in time I don't think I will ever be ready.
I have a follow app in a months time but it's the not knowing what is normal & what I should be worried about, pain after eating & trying 2 walk & the emotional rollercoaster of feeling that no one else in the world seems to know what you are going through & how you are going to come out at the end of it all.
Normally I am a positive person, but this beats everything I ever experienced before ( fistuals, stoma, meningitus, twin pregnancy etc etc) o the joys - in my next life I'm coming back as a butterfly !
  Past Member
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:28 pm
Hello
About a month ago. Feeling tum pain with swollen abdomen and yes wonder what is normal! I was in a bad accident last October and lost 2/3 of my bowel. It was touch and go for a while so I guess now I cope with pain quite well considering what I went through last year. Wish I had a post op appointment to look forward to but doesn't look like there will be one so i'm seeing my doctor as he was a surgeon. If he is worried about anything he will phone the hospital. I am very sporty and want to be told when it is safe to run and bike. So really i'm just sitting a waiting for who knows what!!
Caroline
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:31 pm
Hi, Are you getting out and about or driving yet ? Are you ok with eating anything or do you have to watch what you eat ? Sorry to ask you loads of questions, I just feel a little lost at the mo !x
  Past Member
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:55 am
Hello

I usually walk to our docs surgery with a neighbour to have my wound dressed. It's the only movement I get right now and is good as it gets me out the house. I can't drive at the moment as last year I had a bad head injury in an accident and to be honest I don't miss the driving. As I don't have a post op appointment I can't ask when would be safe to start running and cycling again - with this tum pain I don't feel like it anyway. The surgeon told me not to eat much meat for a while and lots of fruit and veg. I had my first veg curry in over a year the other day which went right through me but felt great to eat!! I was told to expect to need a poop more than usual, which i'm OK about. How are you feeling today? Remember you didn't just have a reversal and I expect your hormones are over the place after having an ovary removed too, so give yourself a chance to start feeling better. It looks like you have had alot to deal with lately.

Caroline
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.