Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 57-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 65-year-old Female
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone
Meet and talk to 20,105 OstoMates

Stomach Pains

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:45 am
I am wondering if anyone can help me with the pain i am experiancing!!! It sorta feels like i have pulled a mussel or something in my stomach but i am worried as its between my scar and the stoma... It hurts more when i am laying in bed and if i even try laying on my right side of the body im almost in tears as it's that painfull.. I have no idea what it is im a bit worried to be honest! i have tried to get in too see my GP, but she is booked out until next monday, but i booked an appointment for then, but in the mean time it's sore when i goto bed at night im popping pain killers as i can get comfortable as it hurts, when i wake up in the morning and try to get up it hurts then as well. As you can tell im just a bit worried.... i had my surgery on the 30th June 2010 and had the entire colon removed.

What could this pain be? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Everyone
Brooke
xx

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:17 am
Not sure what it could be but if you are in that much pain and taking all those pain killers I wouldn't wait intil next monday to see a doctor. I think you should go A & E  or ER or whatever you call it down under.

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:53 am
My heart goes out to you,, you are so young to go through all this, ,  i agree with lobster, go to your A&E, dont wait till monday, look after yourself, and keep strong!!,

wendy, x

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:13 am
do you still have your normal output from your stoma, if not it could be a blockage and if it's that painful(and you can't see a doc) a trip to the emergency room should be the first thing you do........

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:32 pm
YES YES YES! Go to the ER as soon as possible! Chances are it's something with an easy fix, but none the less you don't want to be taking any chances with your digestive system after your body has been through the trauma of a colectomy.

Please keep us all posted, and feel better soon.

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:55 pm
Agreed!  I had bleeding from my colostomy and waited 5 days to go to the ER and were they ever ticked off with me!  Tell the intake person you have an ostomy that is malfunctioning and they will usher you in right away.  Do not wait in the waiting room!  We've been through so much we deserve a little extra TLC.  Wink

BTW- I love the photos you've posted on your profile.  Smile

Past Member
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:56 pm
I think you better head on over to the Joondalup Health Campus Brooke if you are still in agony.  Monday is just too far away girl.

I can vouch for the gastro team there (that's where I had my surgery) and am sure you will find an answer and relief for your pain.

Let us know how you go,

Take care young 'un,

Jo xox

Past Member
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:30 pm
As your surgery was so recent, it could be some internal or deep muscle stitch that has popped. I agree with everyone else. Get to the emergency room. You owe it to yourself.

Past Member
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:33 pm
Hi there,  I am also bleeding from the stoma.  I have abdominal pains that run from my stoma around to my back.  I also have alot of pressure pains in the rectum.  It feels like I have to go to the bathroom.  I just had a CT and waiting for results.  All scopes came out clear as well.  Do you know why you are having bleeding?

bettyboop

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:07 pm
go to a and e department i left it to long and it was a blockage thats paingful

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:14 am
It's the right thing to do.  I am pretty young and have 2 children, so when I had all my colitis flare ups and ended up in emergency surgery it was no joke.  Now if I get any episodes I just go and they see me before anyone.  

It could be the slightest thing that is wrong or nothing wrong at all.  After my colotosmy surgery for months I had the "Urge to Go" but that subscided and my stoma bleed but that was only from cleaning it which was normal.  

Be safe and take care of yourself

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:29 pm
How are you doing, Brooke?

Hoping you went to emerg.

One thing to watch ... painkillers ... if they have codeine ... they may cause the stool to become harder/constipation. That can be a no no for ostomates.

I periodically take a pain med with codeine (migraine), but am careful re the amount and make sure to drink loads.

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:56 pm
hi, i had surgery on 30 of june also and i am not in that much pain or taking pain killers.
marjorie

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:00 pm
Wookie,
I hope you sought medical attention for your abdominal pain. I still get pain occasionally and phantom bowel movement pains, but what you described is much worse and needs to be addressed. Best of luck to you! Keep us posted.

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:33 pm
Yes i am still having the same output from my stoma. I went to visit my stoma nurse but she was busy... Over the weekend the pain has died down a bit, but with certain positions im in it causes more pain. If it doesnt get any better soon then i will goto the ED department at my hospital.... I just cant stand waitin in the Emergency room!!!!

thanks though...=)
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.